Chapter 96: Anthurium

A Day Before Rostelecom Cup...

Sitting anxiously in the hotel room, Victor waited for the phone call he is yet to receive. As Yuuri was fixing his luggage in the next room, the living area where Victor is was undeniably silent. He hasn't felt this nervous in a while. The deafening silence of the atmosphere was enough to add up to the nervousness embracing the insides of his body as if one little sound could make him jump to his feet.

Moments later, his phone rang. Once. Twice. He picked it up on the second ring. "Yuri, what's up?" He asked as calmly as he can while trying to hide the fact that he was as nervous as ever. What if Yuri failed to keep Sandra out of her house? Would this once in a lifetime opportunity slip away from his fingers?

"I called (y/n) and she's coming over. She's probably on her way now."

"I knew you can't resist me! Thanks, Yurio."

"Whatever whatever. What are you even keeping secret from (y/n) that you are going to her house when she's not there?"

"Nothing nothing! Well then, I gotta go. Thanks again, Yurio."

He immediately stood. Heading towards Yuuri's room, he barged in all of a sudden giving the boy a mini heart attack in the process. He told him to stay in the hotel for now as he has something very urgent he needed to do. Not that Yuuri had a choice, he agreed. He knew what's happening. Victor told him about this before they left for Russia. He was actually proud of himself that he was able to refrain from dropping any hints to his female coach. Before he could even wish Victor good luck, he was nowhere in sight.

Before leaving their hotel unit, Victor picked up the small pot of flowers he ordered before they arrived, The flowers were delivered to him just in time before he initiated his plans. Soon, Victor found himself hailing a cab outside of the hotel. Luckily, he got one a few moments after. Sitting on the passenger seat, he gave the location where he wanted to go. With a short nod from the driver, they began hitting the road.

Deep breaths. One after another. He began composing himself. It's not like this is his first time meeting her parents. He has joined some of the (l/n)'s family events before. "There is no reason to be nervous," he told himself in hopes of calming himself down yet the beating of his heart not once slowed down.

Before he knew it he had reached the place. The cab had run to a stop. After genuinely paying, Victor made his way out of the car. He stood in front of her house; in front of their picket white fence gate. He had a hand placed on his chest as he felt for his heartbeat. 

His eyes turned towards the doorbell right beside the gate. About to lift his hand to ring it, he heard someone call his name. "Victor?" Glancing sideways, he saw a man getting out a car. At first, he didn't recognize. The man must've been a local fan.

As soon as the man started walking towards him, he realized he was dead wrong. It's her brother. "Dominik!" He exclaimed. "Is that you?" He earned a chuckle in response. "The one and only," Dominik replied. They stood in front of each other as Victor allowed his eyes to get used to the sight of Dominik.

The boy who was once just half the size of his body is now standing as tall as him. Reaching his hand out, he patted his shoulder. "Boy, Sandra wasn't lying when she said you're a man now," he said, easing the tense atmosphere radiating from himself. "I didn't even recognize you."

After a short conversation, her younger brother finally asked the reason he visited. "Sandra just left a while ago," he said. Waving his hand dismissively, Victor answered, "Ah, yes. I am aware. I was actually here for you and... Are your parents home?" Surprised, Dominik couldn't help but give a small smirk. He liked how the way things are turning.