Chapter 66: Recuperation

The day has begun, and so did we start to get ready for today. Standing by the doorway, wearing a shirt covered by a white parka, white pants, salmon pink pumps and a scarf and gloves of the same color, I waited for the rest.

In the background, I can hear Minako asking the boys if there are some things they haven't packed, making sure everything is with us and there is nothing forgotten.

"Everything's good, let's go!" Victor said as I heard footsteps, probably his, making their way towards me. He placed his hand on my shoulder, "Hey, (y/n)! You haven't said a thing besides greeting us, are you okay?"

I turned my head to look at him and gave him a smile. "I'm fine, Victor. I just can't wait to go back to Japan," I replied.

Yuuri and Minako followed as I stepped outside with Victor. I ate a good amount of food this morning so I wouldn't feel hungry on the plane because all I wanted to do was to sleep the whole plane ride off.

Minako locked the doors and the four of us went downstairs. Yuuri accompanied Minako in returning the keys, while Victor and I went outside to hail a cab. A few minutes later, a cab stopped in front of us just in time for Yuuri and Minako to come out. Victor helped me and Minako place our suitcases into the trunk. Thanking him, I made my way inside the cab.

Minako sat on the passenger seat. I sat in between Yuuri and Victor behind. The trip to the airport was silent. None of us were up for some chit chats.

I paid the driver and went inside the airport. Having our bags checked, and everything ready, we all made your way into the plane. Sitting next to Victor, I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

I felt lips press onto my forehead as Victor gave out a small chuckle, "You really are a sleepyhead." He placed his head on top of mine and yawned. "Well, you need energy for your plan, now that you are sure of it, so you deserve lots of sleep while you can."

***

"Yuuri, welcome back!" Confettis popped here and there the moment we got back to Yuuri's house.

They gathered around Yuuri and gave him their compliments. I smiled at them whenever they called me and greeted me. I quickly made my way upstairs to the bedroom Victor and I shared to change into more comfortable clothes.

I put on a simple shirt and shorts. Going home from an exhausting trip and wearing your favorite super comfy clothes feel satisfying. The urge of going to bed and sleeping becomes stronger but I need to brush it aside for there are far more important things to do.

A thump coming from the door caught my attention. I looked back to see what caused the sound. One of our suitcases fell from Victor's grasp. "Oops," he rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry about that."

I smiled at him and walked over to pick up the fallen suitcase. "I guess you need a hand," I said. I placed the suitcase beside the bed. I sat beside it on the floor and opened it to remove the stuff inside it. Victor did the same. We had a little talk as we get our things out of the suitcase.

"You're going to the rink tonight?" He asked.

"I guess so. Time is running and I need to get it finished before the Grand Prix."

"Want me to go with you?"

"No."

"Come on. Won't your boyfriend get some sneak peek?" He asked as he leaned closer, nuzzling his nose and my cheek. I chuckled at his action and turned to meet his gaze.

I gave him a soft smile before giving a reply. "No," I said and stuck my tongue out at him. I laughed as he moved back to continue what he was doing.

His lower lip slowly pushed forward into a pout. "That's mean, (y/n)," he said in a childish tone.

"Patience, dear. All good things go to those who wait." I gave him a half-smile.

After a few minutes, we were able to get our things out. We threw our dirty clothes into the hamper. "You should take a nap again," Victor said. He's sitting at the edge of the bed. He pats his hand on the space beside him, telling me to go sit beside him.

I did as told and sat beside him, placing my head on his shoulder. He placed his hand on my thigh as he leaned his head on mine. I took my phone out and set an alarm so I don't sleep through my plans tonight.

"How about you? What do you plan on doing after this season?" I asked. "You know everyone wants you back as well."

"I don't know yet. I still have plenty of time to think about it."

"I see," I gave out a sigh before moving away from Victor and laying on the bed. "Well, I have to go nap now, I still have quite a long night ahead," I said, closing my eyes.

Victor moved towards me as well, "At least let me take you to the rink. And then, send me a message, I'll pick you up a well."

"If you say so," I said. I received a kiss on my head and then I felt Victor shift comfortably beside me, arms wrapping around my waist.