Chapter 33: Petrichor

The rain started pouring again, but this time it's weaker. Small traces of raindrops are appearing on Yuuri's window. "Tell me about it," I said looking into Yuuri's eyes. He tried to avoid my gaze but looked into them eventually.

He sighed and began, "My usual way was to have my coach pick something from what was available, and to let him choreograph it, too."

"Victor and I weren't like that. We choreographed our own programs and had new music written to create stories," I said.

"I did dream about doing that myself someday, but..." Yuuri looked down.

"But?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"That piece I used on the finals; it has been bothering me for a while. It really is a bit weak, but I guess that makes sense. I asked her to compose a piece that'd express my whole career as a skater," Yuuri stopped as if reminiscing what happened that day of the finals.

"She did capture it pretty well, my underwhelming life in competitive figure skating. What should I have done differently?"

I sighed then smiled at him, "Skating isn't just about the emotions and stuff. You see, there is a story in every program. Just like how you did in the face-off with Yurio. That story of the most beautiful woman and the playboy. Victor and I, and all the other skaters, create stories with the music we have, and sometimes we would even have a piece of new music created for the story we have in mind. Skating is like storytelling except you don't speak using words. You speak by showing your moves."

I stood up and walked towards Yuuri. I sat beside him and threw my arm over his shoulders. "Your previous coach, Celestino, was right. You don't have confidence in yourself. Look, Yuuri. Japan wouldn't have you as their competitor if they did not have trust in you. Victor and I wouldn't choose you if we do not believe in you. They have trust and faith in you, why do you not have it on yourself? Believe in yourself a little more."

Yuuri looked down on his lap, and he seems to be thinking about what I said. "Let's call this a day now, and let my words sink into you," I said and gave him a pat on the back. I stood and walked towards his door. I slid it open and stepped outside. I turned around and told him goodnight then slid the door close.

I made my way to our room to check if Victor was there. I slid the door open and saw no one. I went downstairs to look for him. I came across Mari on my way down the stairs. "Mari! Have you seen Victor?" I asked.

Mari pointed her thumb over her shoulder, "He's out in the front yard."

I thanked her and went downstairs. I could hear Makkachin's barks from the inside. I guess Victor is having some time with Makkachin. I slid the door open. A cold breeze caressed my face. It is pretty dark outside now. The smell of petrichor is strong.

I walked out and slid the door close behind me. Victor is sitting on the bench nearby. He is cradling Makkachin in his arms. I started walking towards him. He heard my footsteps on the wet ground and looked up.

"(Y/n)!" He said cheerfully. Makkachin squirmed out of Victor's arm and ran to me. I stooped and carried him as soon as he got near me. I continued walking towards Victor.

He took a piece of cloth on the armrest of the bench and wiped the space beside him. I reached him and sat beside him. He returned the cloth back to the armrest.

I rested my head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. I placed Makkachin on my lap and hugged him.

Victor pressed his lips at the top of my head. I slowly raised my head to look up at him. He booped his nose on mine which caused me to give out a small chuckle.

"I love the smell of earth after the rain," I spoke. I looked down and ran my hands over Makkachin's furry back.

"I love you," Victor said and kissed my temples. I smiled at his actions. "You are quite kissy today," I said. I tilted my head up and whispered in his ear, "I love it."

Victor smirked and held my chin. He moved his face closer to me. "Only that?" He asked, moving his face so much closer. Makkachin seemed to know what is happening. He jumped out of my lap and walked away.

"You obviously know who else I love," I said placing my hand on his chest. I moved my face closer, as well. Our foreheads are now touching. I was about to close the gap between us when he gently pulled my hair backward, making me tilt my head more.

"Say it," he said then kissed my neck. He moved up to my jaw and started leaving a trail of kisses down my neck slowly. He finally reached that spot between my neck and shoulder. He kissed and bit at the soft skin making me whimper. He continued doing it and I began to lose the strength in my body. I turned sideward to face him so Victor could get better access.

Victor placed his other hand on my waist. He moved his lips to the other side of my neck and did the same, earning soft moans from me. "So who is that person you love?" Victor asked in between kisses.

I find it hard speaking because of the heat that is building up inside me. He moved his mouth towards my ear and bit my earlobe. He moved his hand behind me downward. "Victor," I gasped.

"Who is it?" Victor asked. I can feel him smirk against my neck. Victor is such a tease. He ran his hands over my waists, making my back arch. "Quit being a tease," I said.

Victor stopped and slowly moved back. "Then answer my question," he said putting on a sexy smirk. I groaned but answered, "I love you, Victor. To the ends of the universe and back."

Without another moment, Victor crashed his lips to mine. He wrapped his arms back around my waist and pulled me closer. I moved one of my hands from his shoulder to his face, holding it gently.

The kiss lasted longer than I expected. If only breathing isn't necessary when your boyfriend gives you a long kiss. We slowly parted our lips, to catch our breaths, our foreheads still in touch with each other.

"You could've already done that in the first place," I chuckled.

Victor was about to speak when the door slid open and a figure peeked out. Victor and I glanced to the side to see Mari looking at us. Although it was hard to see her face, for the light is located behind her, I could sense the blush on her face.

I quickly let go of Victor and cleared my throat. "M-Mari?" I asked. Mari cleared her throat as well, "D-d-dinner is ready. I-I'd be back inside." She retreated and slid the door close.

Victor and I awkwardly looked at each other. We stared into each other for a moment then broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Oh man," Victor said and placed his hand on his knee, laughing out. I hugged my stomach as I continued to laugh.

"We better get inside," Victor said in between laughs. I nodded and we both stood. Victor threw his arm on my shoulder and we made our way towards the door.