Chapter 69: Souvenir Shopping (1)

After eating the delicious breakfast my boyfriend made for me, we went on outside to shop for souvenirs as planned last night. Before leaving the house, we ran into Yuuri who just woke up.

"Hey, Yuuri!" I said. "Good morning!"

"Oh, (y/n), Victor. Good morning," he replied, still feeling sleepy. "Where are you going?"

"We're going to buy souvenirs for my family for when we arrive at Moscow during Rostelecom Cup," I answered.

"Speaking of, do you know someplace where we could go shopping for souvenirs?" Victor asked.

"Hmm," Yuuri thinks as he places his finger on his chin. "There is a 170-meter long shopping street near the station. The one from where you guys rented a motorcycle around."

I reminisced a bit and remembered that we went there the day the three of us went to explore Hasetsu as Yuuri works out. That was also the place I saw the tiger print jacket I wanted to give Yuri. "Oh, I remember," I said.

"Yes, there. I know they offer a lot of souvenirs there," Yuuri said.

My eyes sparkled at the mention of souvenirs. "That's great! Thank you, Yuuri!" I said. Victor placed his hand on my shoulder. "Well, we'll get going now," he said.

"Yes, yes, take care and have fun," Yuuri replied. We went outside and stood there to wait for a taxi. "I can't wait to go shopping!" I said. It feels really nice to travel to places and have something to give to your family when you return. When I was still skating, I'd always bring home some good stuff to my family, aside from the medals I've won, of course.

It wasn't long until a cab passed by and stopped in front of us. Victor held the door open for me as I went in. He followed after. "To Hasetsu Station, please," I said. The driver gave a nod and started driving. 

To break the silence in the car, I spoke, "So for my dad, I'll get him some matcha... for my mom..." I said as I pondered on what I should get for her. Victor only gave a hum in response as he gently strokes my hair. He has his arm wrapped around me and I have my head placed on his chest as I wrap my arm around his waist. A very comfy position indeed.

"I don't know, I'll need to see what they sell first, and maybe I'd get some ideas," I said.

A few more minutes later and we've arrived at the station. We paid the driver and thank him as we got out of the car. Just directly beside the station is the alley that Victor and I once walked on. Although before we didn't really stop by to check each shop that's why we didn't know that this is a good place for buying souvenirs.

This shopping arcade is just an alley from what Yuuri said, extends 170 meters. I don't think we'll be able to get out of this without buying anything.

We began to walk inside hand in hand. There aren't as many people as I think there will be because it's morning. More people might come by later in the afternoon. Nevertheless, it's better this way so we'd be able to shop easier whilst there are only a few people. 

There are stores lined up on either side of the alley and we slowly pass them by one by one to see what good they are selling. "First, let's go look for a tea shop. I want to buy things in order. Let's look for some matcha for my dad," I said. 

"As you wish, princess," Victor said. We walked deeper into the alley until we found a small tea shop and went inside. The store has a good fragrance that welcomed us as we walk in. There were chimes above the door that created a sound disrupting the silence of the place as we enter.

"Good morning!" A lady from the counter said. Victor and I smiled as we walked towards the counter. "What can I do for you, ma'am, sir?" She asked.

"I was wondering, do you sell some matcha here?" I asked.

The lady clapped her hands together, "Why yes! We have an abundance of them here. How would you like it to be served?"

"Ah no, we wouldn't drink here but do you sell like, a package of them?" I replied.

"Oh, we sell them in boxes like this," she said as she bent down a little to get a box from below the counter. She placed a small box on the table and opened it. Inside the box were some packets of tea. "One box like this contains 10 single-serve packets."

She bet down once more to get something. She brought out a resealable tea packaging with ziplock and placed it on the table. "We also have some in packagings like this. This one contains 100 grams of powdered tea," she said.

I hummed to myself. "Interesting," I thought. I looked up at Victor, "What do you think?"

"The teas we serve here are all organic," the lady added.

"The box with single-serve packets is okay but I think this one is more convenient," Victor said as he picked up the resealable tea packaging. "100 Percent Pure Organic Matcha" it says on the front of it. 

"Well then," I said. "We'll get umm four of these bags."

Victor looked at me, "Four?" I looked back at him and nodded, "Two for my dad, and two for us so we have stock in St. Petersburg," I said.

I looked back at the lady and nodded. "We also have some matcha chocolate in case you're interested," she said. Ohh, matcha chocolate sounds nice. "Do you want some?" I asked Victor. I kind'a want to buy one. You see, this is why I don't like people sales talking to me. They would offer more stuff that isn't on my list and I can't help but buy some because I want to try. 

The lady took out a flat square green box. She opened it and showed us the contents. Inside is a big square piece of green chocolate that is divided into 20 smaller squares that look very mouth-watering to me. 

"This is an aromatic confection made with white chocolate, fresh cream, green tea, and a slight hint of brandy. It contains liquor," she said. "Best ate together with the tea."

I looked at Victor with sparkly eyes asking him if we can buy that one. He sighed and scratched his head. "Okay, okay, we can buy that," he said. "Yay!"I cheered. "Umm, two boxes of it, please!" I told the lady. She gave a nod and grabbed a paper bag from under the counter and placed the items we've bought in there. She handed the bag to us and we gave the payment in return. Once done, we made our way out of the store. "Thank you, ma'am, sir, please come again!" The lady said as we left.

Victor took the paper bag from my hand, "I'll carry it." I gave it to him and thanked him. "I'll give one box to my fam, and the other one, I'll bring it with us," I said.

"You sure do buy a lot," he replied. I gave him an innocent smile before kissing his cheek. "It's a way of giving back to my parents," I said.

"Now let's carry on to get some present for my mom," I said.