Chapter 98: Diamond Solitaire

Victor and I were walking next to each other, hand in hand, fingers entwined. The winter breeze passes by every once in a while making a shiver run up my spine. Victor would squeeze my right hand a little tighter whenever the night's air blew past a little harsher.

Yuuri and Sandra were walking behind us. They were both kind enough to carry our shopping bags for us. Of course, we didn't want to give the bags to them at first because it might be a bother to them to look after what's not theirs but they insisted saying we should spend the next hours focusing on each other. We didn't have much choice but to hand the bags to them which they gladly took.

I raised my left hand up to admire the elegant ring that sat on my ring finger. Victor chuckled at my action. "This is the nth time you did that," he said. I smiled at the ring before glancing up at my fiancé. "It's so pretty," I replied. "I can't help it."

Although the ring is a classic diamond solitaire, it is the ideal choice for a woman like me who wants a ring that will never go out of style especially because this ring has sentimental value. "Do you like it?" Victor asked.

"Like it?" I huffed. "Come on, that's an understatement!" 

Victor smiled before his other hand reached mine and brought it closer to him. His thumb run over the diamond before letting go. "I love it," I added. 

"It's just like you, you know?" He replied. "Simple and elegant." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before we carried on walking. We are actually on our way back to the hotel to take some rest. Tomorrow's one of the big days and a whole day of sightseeing can be quite tiring.

We passed by buildings to buildings in silence as we walked home. Words aren't enough to express the joy I feel tonight. The silence was comforting and it radiated a calming vibe into the air. Somehow it felt like one of those late-night walks Victor and I used to do when one of us has trouble sleeping.

The tranquility of the silence was disrupted by the scream nearby. The scream that resonated through the air came from a woman ahead of us. "It's Otabek from Kazakhstan!" Another voice followed. At first, I thought it was from a random fan but later on, I realized that the voice sounded familiar.

"Oh," Yuuri said from behind us. His pace became faster until he was walking in front of us. "Minako-sensei, Mari-neechan. You're already here." No wonder the voice seemed familiar. The two women turned their heads toward Yuuri and immediately jumped over to him. "Yuuri, we need a huge favor!" They said in unison as they place their hands on Yuuri's shoulder. 

The next thing I knew, we were all gathered under a tent together with Yuri, Otabek, Phichit, and Chris. Minako and Mari were both sobbing loudly. Even the people on the table next to ours were glancing at them. Minako has her hands over her face while Mari has her head on the table.

"I could just die right now!" One of them said. I couldn't recognize who said what since their voices were muffled by their cries.

"You're way too happy about this," Yuuri said.

"Hello, ladies," Phichit politely greeted whereas Yuri turned his head towards Victor and me. We were met with his cold gaze as he looked at us. Annoyed, he asked, "Why did we all have to get together?"

I picked up the menu in front of us and began placing orders. Eventually, the rest of the gang followed my lead, and soon, the foods were served on our table. Phichit being the Instagrammer he is, made sure that he's able to take pictures of the dishes before we dug in. Later on, we found ourselves caught in random conversations with each other as we enjoyed dinner together. 

I wanted to get home immediately after the proposal because the exhaustion from a whole day's sightseeing started to dawn in but with everyone here together and is having a good time, I don't seem to mind at all. "Still, it's kind of weird for us all to be here like this before the Final starts," Yuuri said. I'm glad that he now manages to mingle well with his fellow skaters unlike before.