Chapter 71: Unexpected Fans

I stare at Victor as he gives himself a taste of different sakes placed on the counter. He has his elbow on the counter and his body is bent a little forward. There is a shot glass on his hand as he chats with the man. He looked really good in his denim shirt which sleeves are folded til his elbows. His brown pants fit perfectly on him too.

In the midst of his talk, he glanced my way and caught me staring. I felt my heartbeat become a little faster because I didn't expect that he'd look this way. He smiled and gave me a wink before returning back to the conversation. I gave a small smile and looked away from him. 

Victor is probably the hottest man alive right now. If not, then he's one of those men every girl dreams about. I sometimes think of scenarios wherein we didn't end up together. He'd probably be dating Hollywood stars or something. I know for a fact that it isn't just the ordinary ladies that are getting attracted to him but also other famous personalities. I sometimes wonder if they hate me because I am the girl lucky enough for him to date.

I was shaken off my thoughts when Victor called me, "(Y/n!)" I turned to look at him. He motioned for me to come closer so I stood and walked over towards him. As soon as I got near him, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. "I found the best tasting one. How many are we gonna buy?" He asked.

"Umm, I think two bottles. Let's get two; one for Donik and one for Nikolai," I said. Victor looked at the man and said, "We'll take three." I glanced up at him with a questioning look. He looked down at me and said, "It was really nice, I want one too."

The man chuckled as he placed the bottles in fancy wine boxes. "Your man here got some excellent taste buds," he said. "You must be lucky."

"She isn't the lucky one here. I am," Victor said and smiled. "She's the best girl I've met." I smiled at his words and tucked some of my hair behind my ear, blushing at his words.

"You two make a lovely couple," the man said as he gave Victor the shopping bag that contains the wines. "Thank you for dropping by. Come again next time." Victor and I thanked the man and made our way out of the store.

I stretched my arms up in the air. "We're finally done!" I said. "I'm happy and I'm hungry. What time is it?"

Victor took a glance at his watch. "Almost lunchtime. Let's eat somewhere," he said. 

"Hmm, where can we eat?" I said. "Oh, I know! I'll call Minako and ask her if she has some recommendations around this place." I took my phone out of my bag and scrolled through my contacts until I saw Minako's number. I pressed on the call and placed the phone near my ears. It rang a few times before she finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Minako! It's (y/n)."

"Oh, (y/n)! You've called. What's up?"

"Victor and I are here at Hasetsu Station. Is there a place you'd recommend us to eat for lunch?"

"You've called the right person! Just around the corner from the station, there is a cafe there that is inspired by European cafe culture. You'll like it there. They serve foreign meals too."

"Hmm, interesting."

"But that's not the only thing great about it."

"What is?"

"Its owners are big fans of figure skating. Every year, they would send their support to Yuuri. They'll know you eventually once you get in."

"I see, I see. I can't wait to dine there, then. Thank you very much, Minako."

"Sure, no problem. Have a nice day ahead. Bye-bye!"

"Goodbye."

And with that, I pressed the end call button. I returned my phone back in my bag. "Minako says there is a European inspired cafe just around the corner from this station," I said.

"Let's get going, then," Victor said and held my hand once more. We began walking and I told him what Minako said. "Its owners are big fans of skating. Minako said they'll recognize us as soon as we enter," I said.

"That's great," Victor said. "But have you ever thought how old Minako is?"

Oh, yea. That question has never crossed my mind. She seems just like a young adult like us. She looks very young, too and attractive. "I'm guessing she's around 30?" I said.

"Wrong," Victor said.

"What?" I asked. "Then umm, 27 like us?"

"Wrong again."

"Uhh, 35?"

"No."

"40?"

"No."

"Then what?" I'm pretty sure she can't be older than 40, right? Or not.

"Would you believe me if I say she is older than Yuuri's mom?"

"What?!" I asked in disbelief. Are you serious? This must be a joke, right?

"I don't know the exact but she is a little older than Hiroko."

"Where did you get that information?"

"I once asked Yuuri about it but he didn't want to tell me. He just said that she is a LITTLE older than his mom. Emphasis on the little."

"Wow, really?"

"I kinda have proofs of it too, based on my own observation."

"What is it?"

"Hirako addresses her as 'Minako-senpai.' Senpai is like what you call someone older than you, right? Like your senior or something."

"Wow, you are very observant."

"I just happened to notice."

We turned around the corner and I spotted a porch surrounded by bushes. "I think that is the cafe," I pointed out to Victor. "Let's check," he said. There is a small gate by the corner of the porch that has a tag on it saying "OPEN". Victor opened the small gate and let me in first before him. I stepped up on the porch and noticed the banner hanging beside the entrance.

"Victor, look!" I said. Victor glanced at the direction of the poster. It's a picture of Yuuri, Victor, Yuri, and me. "Oh that's nice," Victor said. As we got closer to the glass doors to take a better look at the poster, a woman from inside came out.

"Oh, Victor Nikiforov! And (y/n) (l/n)!" She squealed.

Victor and I looked at her and smiled. "Hi!" I said.

"It's a pleasure to have you both here. Come in!" She said as she opened the door for us and motioned for us to get in. Victor and I went inside and all the workers there looked at us in awe.

"Whoa, is that Victor and (y/n)?" A man from the counter asked in disbelief.

"Indeed!" The woman from before said as she got in behind us.

"THE Victor and (y/n)?" The man asked again.

Victor and I chuckled. "The one and only," he said.

"Wow, that's so cool! What an opportunity we got here!" The man said as he went out of the counter towards us. "I'm Daisuke! And this is my sister, Amaya." He pointed the woman from before. He then offered us his hand for a shake. Victor and I gladly shook it as well as Amaya's.

"Have a seat!" Amaya said. "Please pick the table of your choice. Victor and I went to pick a table beside the glass window so we could overlook the porch and outside. Victor pulled the chair out for me and I gladly sat on it. He then went on to sit on the chair in front of me.

"Daisuke and I are siblings and we've been a fan of skating ever since we were little kids. It's nice meeting our idols here in our very own cafe," Amaya said. 

"Well, it's very nice meeting the two of you too!" I replied.