Chapter 43: Skating Otaku Sisters

"Oh, that'd be very helpful," Yuuri's mom said.

The three brought out something that was covered in black cloth and placed it above the table. Lutz and Loop held the thing in place while Axel stood between them to do the talking. The rest of us moved beside Yuuri to watch the small presentation prepared by the girls. I sat beside Yuuri, and as always, Victor sat beside me.

The black cloth was removed by Axel revealing a drawing. It was obvious as to who drew it but it looks cool. It was also colored with crayons; the texture says so. The drawing has a big text at the top saying, "Figure Skating Grand Prix Series" in big yellow letters with a white outline. It shows 5 famous figure skaters lined up: Victor, Yurio, Yuuri, Phichit, and I'm quite surprised I'm there, standing next to Victor wearing my all-time favorite costume. Behind us were the triplets looking older and wearing the usual costumes female skaters wear.

There was some kind of logo in the center. A plain white circle with the letters S, O, and S written in red in the middle. Below the logo is what I assume to be the meaning of the letters SOS in the logo. It stands for Skating Otaku Sisters which definitely refers to the triplets.

"What is Figure Skating Grand Prix series?" Axel asked. The other two sisters flipped the paper to reveal a page where the world map is drawn but only the countries Czech Republic, Russia, China, South Korea, Switzerland, Italy, Thailand, USA, Kazakhstan, and Canada are named. Basically the countries Yuuri would be competing with. "Skaters with high scores in the previous year participate in a maximum of two competitions out of six worldwide. Only the top 6 skaters advance to the Grand Prix Final, which decides who's number one!"

The pages flipped to show the First Event: Skate America in Chicago, then Second Event: Skate Canada in Mississauga, Third Event: Cup of China in Beijing, Fourth Event: NHK Trophy (Japan) in Sapporo, Fifth Event: Trophée de France in Paris, and lastly, Sixth Event: Rostelecom Cup (Russia) in Moscow. The next page says "Top 6 Male Figure Skaters" and shows a drawing of six men.

The drawings showed so much, and it's quite unbelievable that these girls drew them. Not only did they have a lot of knowledge of figure skating, but they also are artistic.

"And in this season, Yuuri's been assigned to..." I'm getting carried along by these girls. "The third event, the Cup of China!" I said in unison with the girls. The next page showed drawings of cute little pandas with Yuuri, Phichit, and Celestino. "Yuuri's former rinkmate, Phichit from Thailand, will be there, too!"

"Oh, Phichit-kun!" Yuuri said in joy.

Before we knew it, the page flipped again to show Yuuri with some matryoshka dolls and Yurio saying "I'll kill you!" "And his second event will be the sixth event, Russia's Rostelecom Cup! He'll be up against his fated rival, Yuri Plisetsky!"

"Wow, Yurio! Davai, davai!" Mari cheered for Yurio. She even had two fans: one with Yurio's name printed on it, and one with Yurio's face. Quite a supportive sister, eh?

Makkachin ran towards me and sat on my lap. Victor moved closer so he could reach Makkachin to pat his head. "You'll be minding the house during the season, Makkachin," he said. He chuckled as Makkachin stood to lick his cheek.

***

"I bet if you show up with Victor and (y/n) as your coach, they'll think you stole them from the sport," Takeshi said.

"Maybe skating fans worldwide hate you now!" Yuuko agreed.

The couple's comments made Yuuri look down sheepishly. I threw my arms around Yuuri and hugged him. Victor gave him a pat on the back. "Sorry! We're on your side, Yuuri-kun!" Yuuko waved her hand to wipe away some unwanted thoughts.

"Yeah, we are," Minako suddenly stood and made some ballet twirls while holding yet again, another banner in her hands. "I'll come to cheer you on this season, too! The first cup is the Cup of China!" She unfolded the banner to reveal what it says. It has "Yuuri Katsuki" written in big and pink katakana characters, and below it is the romaji.

"Huh?" Axel cut in.

"Yuuri, last year..." Lutz started.

"In the nationals..." Loop continued. The three of them both have their fingers pressed to their chins.

"I think I finished eleventh because I messed up my prep," Yuuri finished. Minako lowered down the banner in her hands to listen.

"I see... so you have to compete in the block championships," Takeshi said. "Block championships?" I asked as I removed my arms around Yuuri.

"Oh, we're talking about domestic compositions," Yuuri answered.

Yuuko stood to explain. "To explain, Yuuri-kun had a big-time loss in last year's Nationals. So this year, he has to work his way up from qualifying competitions. So his first event this season is the Chugoku, Shikoku, and Kyushu Championship in September. It'll be his comeback competition!"

"Well, you'll breeze through that," Takeshi said and pat Yuuri's head rather harshly. "Ow," Yuuri said.

"Oh, but Minami-kun from Fukuoka will be competing in it! Yeah, he beat Yuuri in the Nationals. Minami Kenjiro from Kyushu said to be the #1 star among young skaters!" Axel said.

"Right..." Yuuri says from what I can see is, disappointment?

"Good, good. We can cheer you on this year, too! Good luck," Yuuri's dad said. At least he shows real support.

Well, Mari does too, deep within her heart. Maybe she just doesn't want to show it physically or anything. It has already been more than six months since Yuuri's fall. Now is the time for a great comeback. Brace yourselves for a new Yuuri coming your way.

If you ask me, Yuuri is pretty lucky. He has a lot of people close to his heart who will never stop supporting him. I find myself close to his now, and I know he knows that he has a place in my heart as well.

"We need to use this chance to make money!" Yuuri's dad said.

"You'll autograph a sign, won't you?" His mom asked.