Chapter 18: Counterpart

*Knock! Knock! Knock!!!

I woke up to a series of knocks on our door. "Oy, (y/n)! Get up!!" I can tell who it was based on his voice.

"Yuri," I groaned and sat up. This is not how I planned to wake up. He could've just knocked and not scream.

I stood and walked towards the door. "Oy, (y/n)! Come o—" the shouting stopped once I slammed the door open.

"What?!" I shouted at Yurio. "Do you know what time is it?! You two have to get up!" He shouts back.

"Do I look like I know?! I just woke up! Thanks to your excellent way of waking people up!" I added sarcasm to my tone.

Yuri growled, "It's already 7:00!"

Oh my! Sandra's calls a.k.a my alarms did not work today. Victor usually wakes up around this time and I wake up earlier.

I looked at Yuri. Still, I can't just let him shout at me. I know I fool around with him but not in the mornings where I just woke up.

"Wait for us downstairs," I said. "Hurry up! I must go and practice!" He shouted. "Then go by yourself if you can't wait!" I shouted back and slammed the door close.

I turned around only to see Victor holding back his laughter. "You did good!" He said and burst out laughing. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

I walked towards the storage to get some clothes from the boxes. "That teaches him not to mess with me in the mornings," I said.

I got myself a white tank top, light blue and gray jacket with matching jogging pants and black sneakers. My jacket has a letter from my first name on the left side of the torso.

"I'll just have a quick shower," I said. Victor nodded as he got up and fixed the bed.

After the shower, I returned to the room to get my phone. I also wore Sandra's bracelet.

I got down. Yurio, Yuuri and Victor were standing by the door. Before I forget, I went back upstairs to get my skates but I couldn't find it.

I went back downstairs. "Victor, have you seen my skates?" I asked. He turned around. "Yea, I got it here," he said as he pointed towards his backpack.

"Okay, great! Let's go," I said and walked outside. I inhaled deeply taking in the morning scent. The three boys and Makkachin followed me.

"(Y/n), do you wanna use the bike?" Victor said. I turned around to see him holding his bike and pointing towards my bike.

"Nah, I'll jog with them!" I smiled at them. Victor nodded and rode his bike while Yurio, Yuuri and I jogged.

Yurio and I jogged at equal speed while Yuuri was behind us with Makkachin. Once we reached the bridge, the fisherman was there. We see him every day and Victor would always greet him.

"Good Morning!" Victor greeted. "Morning!" He greeted back. I smiled at the fisherman and continued jogging.

"You say hi too, Yurio," Victor said. "I'm not Yurio!" I chuckled at them and continued jogging. Once we reached the rink, there were posters and signs on the competition between Yuuri and Yurio. There was even a sign that says the rink will be closed.

"Hot Springs on Ice" Is a Go! Katsuki Yuuri & Yuri Plisetsky
Location: Ice Castle Hasestsu"

"Private Practice Session
Reserved All Day
Apologies for the Inconvenience"

We went inside and greeted Yuuko's family before going to the rink. Victor and I were able to wear our skates first. After securing it to our feet, we left Yuuri and Yurio and went to the ice. Victor and I just glided around the ice while waiting for them. When they finally arrived, we moved towards the rink side and stood beside each other. Yuuri and Yurio stood in front of us.

"First, let's have you two listen to the music," Victor said. I pointed the remote towards the speaker and pressed the play button. The music, On Love: Agape started playing. Both Yuuri and Yurio listened to the music. Yuuri's mouth slightly opened as he listened.

"The piece comes in two arrangements, each with a different theme," Victor said and glanced at me. "On Love: Eros and Agape," I continued. "Have you ever thought about love?" I asked. Yuuri shook his head, "Nope." "All right," I sighed.

"Then what do you feel when you listen to this music?" Victor asked. Yuuri closed his eyes and pointed his index finger upward. "It's very clear and innocent, like someone who doesn't know what love is yet," he answered. Yurio glared at Yuuri. "I don't like this piece. The innocence crap makes me wanna barf," he said and stuck his tongue out.

"Okay," I said. I pointed the remote towards the speaker again and pressed next. On Love: Eros started playing. Yuuri closed his eyes and tilted his head back. "It's like a completely different song," he said. "(Y/n)! I want to skate this one!" Yurio said and glared at Yuuri.

"The first piece is 'On Love: Agape.' The theme is unconditional love," I said. Yuuri nodded in response. "And this piece is 'On Love: Eros.' The theme is sexual love," I continued. Yurio nodded, his eyebrows pulled inwards.

"We'll have you two skate to these opposing themes. This is how I'm assigning them," Victor said and pulled his eyebrows inward. I did the same to give them some thrill. "Yuuri, you'll skate to 'Eros'! Yurio, you'll skate to 'Agape'!" Victor said as he cheerfully pointed to them. Both of Yuuri and Yurio's mouth dropped. I laughed hysterically at their reactions.

"Switch them! That piece isn't me at all!" Yurio shouted.

"What?!" Yuuri said in shock as his hands found their way to his head.

Victor raised his index finger and smiled, "You have to do the opposite of what people expect. How else will you surprise them? That's my motto. Both far more ordinary and mediocre than you think. You need to be more self-aware."

Yuuri and Yurio's mouths were open wide in disbelief and they're bodies were shaking. Sweat beads starting to fall from their head. "I'm surprised you think you can choose your image. From the audience's perspective, you're just a piglet and a kitten. If you aren't up to our standards by next week, we won't choreograph either of your programs. Both of you are our fans, so I'm sure you'll manage," Victor said and winked at them.

"Fine. I'll skate to 'Agape.' My senior division debut depends on it! You'd better give me a program that'll let me win!" Yurio said and stepped towards Victor and I. "It's up to you whether you win or not. If I skated the program, I'd win for sure," I replied with confidence.

Yurio growled and kicked his foot on the ice. "If I win, Victor, you're coming back to Russia. And you'll be my coach! That's what I want!" He shouted, "You too, (Y/n)!" I also want to coach Yurio but Yuuri needs more help. Yurio and I are so much closer and I understand him more but I know he can work things with Yakov.

Yurio wants Victor because he promised him that he'll help Yurio. Yurio wants me because he knows that I know him well. But Yuuri needs more help so why not let this competition occur?

"Sure," Victor replied. Yurio turned his attention to me and looked into my eyes. I looked back at his. "Why not?" I said and smirked. Yurio smirked back.

Victor and my attention turned to Yuuri. "Yuuri, what about you?" I asked. "What would you like to do if you win?" Victor asked. "I want to eat pork cutlet bowls with you, Victor, (y/n)," he answered. Yurio looked at Yuuri with his brows raised. "I want to keep on winning, and keep on eating pork cutlet bowls! So I'll skate to 'Eros'! I'll give it all the eros I've got!" Yuuri continued.

Victor and I smiled. "Great! That's exactly what we like!" Victor said. "That's the spirit, Yuuri!" I said.