Chapter 61: Good Friend

"That was Leo de la Iglesia from the United States. Hear the crowd roar! That was a solid short program!"

By this time, Leo's program has finished and so is Georgi's cries. He rubbed his eyes and sniffed his nose. "I think we should go," he said.

I removed my hand on his back, "You sure?" He nodded and stood, still wiping his eyes. I stood as well, waiting for him.

"That helped a lot. So much. Thank you. Everyone needs a (y/n) in their lives," he said and gave me a small smile. It feels nice to see a person smile and knowing that you were one of the reasons why they do.

We walked back towards the lounge in silence. The only sound being heard is from the television. "Leo de la Iglesia's short program score is 87.98. He is currently in third place." "Not bad," I told myself.

By the time we've reached the lounge, it was Chris' turn. Georgi thanked me and went off to look for Yakov. I, on the other hand, walked towards Victor.

I held his hand taking him by surprise. "(Y/n), you're just in time for Chris," he said. He let go of my hand and pulled me in front of him. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on my head.

"How did it go?" He asked.

"Emotional," I chuckled, sniffing my nose. I too shed some tears a while ago.

"He's okay now?"

I gave Victor a nod, "He just needs some time to let my words sink in."

Victor didn't reply and focused on the television. "The final skater is Christophe Giacometti, age 25, from Switzerland. He's the silver medalist in last year's Grand Prix Final."

Chris is one of my good friends as well. He is Victor's good friend then soon after, mine as well. Though he is just a bit too sexual of a person, I may say.

We met ten years ago. Victor won the European Championships, it was his second, I think if I recalled it correctly. Also, it was my first win in the European Championships. Victor and I were seventeen back then, two years after the accident.

 Victor and I were seventeen back then, two years after the accident

"Mature eros," I said as the music started.

"The music is 'Intoxicated.'" The host said.

"Oh gosh, here we go again," I said.

He did a combination spin with beautiful posture and speed.

"He said he wasn't finding motivation but Chris never goes into a major slump. He's a slow starter, so he doesn't try to peak in the first event," Victor said.

I looked sidewards, at Yuuri. "That's why you need to be careful," I told him.

"But today, he's really going all-out on sex appeal," Victor added.

"He is oozing sex appeal," I agreed. We carried on watching this sexy potato skate.

His last spin was met with loud cheers from the crowd. "I think he's gonna come," I whispered which made Victor laugh.

"Cristophe Giacometti has delivered a euphoric short program! He's entranced us all!"

"There goes the weapon of sex appeal," I sighed.

"I guess today's sex appeal award goes to Chris," Yuuri said.

"The ice looks soaking wet," said Phichit.

"Christophe Giacometti's short program score is 85.60. He's ended the short program in fifth place."

"Huh? Then am I..." Yuuri began

"I've still got a chance!" Guang Hong said.

"I'm good at catching up. I'm confident about my free program," says Chris.

"I'm running to pass you in the free program, Yuuri," Phichit said as he gave Yuuri a pat on the shoulder.

"I'll get my ticket to the Grand Prix Final with my free program!" Said Leo.

"Finishing second is within my expectations for the short program. I won't lose to a third-rate coach," said Yakov.

And now, it's our turn. "At the end of the men's short program here at the Cup of China, Katsuki Yuuri from Japan is in first place! Skater Katsuki, your thoughts on the upcoming free skate?"

Victor and I went out of the camera's reach again to give Yuuri his time to shine. "W-with my coaches, Victor and (y/n), I'll win with the power of love!" Yuuri raised his fist up in the air.

"Win, win!" Victor and I said as we revealed ourselves to the cam.

A while later, the three of us decided to go back to the hotel. Yuuri said his temporary goodbyes to his fellow skaters while Victor and I shook the hands of the other coaches. We rode a cab back to the hotel.

"I told you so," I said, breaking the silence as the car moves. "And I am telling you, you'll land first place again tomorrow!"

Victor nodded, "We're going to have the finishing touches tomorrow. For now, let's head back and get some rest to be prepared for tomorrow.

Seconds have passed and Yuuri has not yet responded. "Okay, Yuuri?" I asked. And still no response. I pouted and poked his side in front of me. He is sitting on the passenger's seat, as usual.

"Ahhh," Yuuri sprung back to reality. "Y-yes, right." I leaned back on Victor's shoulder then he placed his lips on my temple again.

It wasn't long til we've reached the foot of the huge hotel we're staying in. Minako was in our unit, waiting for us. She sleeps in Yuuri's room though.

"Congrats, Yuuri!" She said and ran to Yuuri to give him a good old hug. "Congrats to you coaches as well!" She hugged me and shook Victor's hand.

"Since Yuuri has landed first place, let's have some pork cutlet bowls!" Minako said. "I'll just go prepare them."

Victor and I thanked her then we made our way to our room. I immediately threw myself on the bed, laying on my stomach. "I'm happy and a bit tired," I said, the pillow muffling the words.

I felt a weight on my back and arms wrapping around me. Victor is laying on top of my back. He buried his head on my neck, his lips brushing on it.

Sleepiness began to crawl through my body. I let out a yawn which is well, muffled by the pillow on my face. I slowly turned around so that I would lay on my back, facing Victor.

He tucked his head under my chin and tightened his arms around me. I placed my hand on his hair, stroking it. I love the feel of his hair in between my fingers.

Victor seemed to be drifting off to sleep right now. I guess I should too. But there's going to be delicious food! My mind is arguing whether to go sleep or eat. My body is screaming for me to sleep but my taste buds want food!

I sighed as I looked down on Victor's sleeping form on top of my body. He looked peaceful and sound asleep. I moved my hands down to his cheek and run my thumb over it a couple of times.

I guess I'll just sleep. I'm not entirely hungry and I don't want to wake Victor up. He looks so good even when sleeping. I kissed the top of his head and placed my hand back on his head. "Goodnight," I whispered.