Chapter 4: Home Plate

"You were never good enough as a partner that's why he left you."

"He never liked you."

"He's not gonna come back!"

These voices again! They're being repeated again and again. I knelt and covered my ears. "Stop it," I whispered and my eyes started to tear up.

I remained like that. I felt hopeless. I looked up to try to find a way to stop these voices. I noticed that there is a mirror that didn't break.

I closed my eyes and stood. Once I was already standing on my feet, I opened my eyes again. I saw Victor in the mirror. He was smiling and offering his hand. I slowly walked towards him. Afraid that the voices will get louder.

I looked straight at his eyes so that I wouldn't be distracted by the voices. As I get closer and closer to him, the voices seem to fade. When I finally reached him, he pressed his hand on the glass. I looked at it for a while. I pressed my hand in front of his then looked at his eyes.

"(Y/n)," my name was being called again and my body was gently shaken. I opened my eyes. "We're back in Russia," Victor said. I rubbed my forehead and looked at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked. I can see the worry in his eyes. "Yes," I answered and smiled. "Let's go," he said and stood. I also stood and followed him.

I soon as we got our of the plane, the staff of the airport was waiting for us. "Congratulations on winning the Grand Prix Finals, Victor! We love you!" They all said in unison.

Victor and I smiled at them. "Thank you, everyone!" Victor said. Victor, Yuri, Yakov and I are close to the staff at this airport because we always use this airport whenever Victor and Yuri have competitions in other countries.

"Let's take a picture!" One of the flight attendants said. Victor and I nodded. We arranged ourselves. Victor, Yakov and I were in the middle while the staff surrounded us. Sandra was the one taking the pictures.

As soon as we were finished picture taking, Sandra returned the camera to the staff and we walked to the airport.

There were Victor's fans and reporters standing behind barricades. The girls screamed when they saw us. Victor and I smiled at them and waved.

"(Y/n), we missed you!" A group of girls shouted. I looked towards them and they waved at me. "Wait," I told Victor. He stopped at his tracks and looked at me. I took out my phone from my pocket and walked towards them. They screamed and they seem to get the idea that I'll take a picture with them.

As soon as I got closer to them, I turned around, raised my phone and we took a groufie. I took 4 snaps and then looked at them. One of the girls said, "We miss watching you skate." Another one said, "We are your biggest fans!" I chuckled and thanked them.

I quickly walked back to Victor, smiled and nodded. We walked towards the exit but before we step outside, I turned around and bowed to all of them. Victor saw this and he turned around as well to wave at them. We received more screams. I felt happy to see all of them because I know that some of my fans are there and they continue to support me even if I stopped skating.

We walked towards the car and got in it. "That was so nice of you," Victor said. I smiled and answered, "I appreciate their love and support." He chuckled then he kissed my cheek. I laid my head on his shoulder. I yawned and blinked my eyes.

"I miss skating," I said. I felt sleepy again. I closed my eyes. I was about to drift to sleep when I spoke, "I miss skating with you." After I said those words, I quickly drifted to sleep.

Morning...

The sun's rays hit my face as I turned around. I rolled my arms on the bed to see if Victor is still beside me. He wasn't. I opened my eyes and looked at our ceiling. He must have carried me since I felt so sleepy and tired.

I sat and rubbed my eyes. I stood and stretched. I fixed the bed first before going to the kitchen to eat breakfast. On the counter, I noticed a plate of pancakes with a note beside it. "Made you pancakes. Sorry, practice's early today. Watch me on the news. Victor."

I smiled at the note then placed it in my pocket. I grabbed the plate of pancakes and headed to the living room to watch the news. I sat on the couch then used the remote to turn the TV on.

I started eating the pancakes. "Here in St. Petersburg, Russia, rising star Yuri Plisetsky is finally gearing up to join the senior competition. Under coach Yakov, the 15-year-old is about to join Victor Nikiforov in ushering Russia into an era with two champions." Suddenly my phone rang. I grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, (y/n)!"

"Oh hey, Sandra."

"What's up sleepyhead? I thought we're gonna skate."

"Oh, yea. Wait for me at the park. I'll just finish eating breakfast and I'll take a bath."

"Okay, I'll go there now."

"Okay, see ya."

"Bye!"

I ended the call and quickly finished my pancakes the I took a bath. As I look for clothes to wear in the closet, I saw my costume that is Sandra's favorite. I must have missed this one when I packed my costumes.

I ran my hand through it and reminisce the memories I had with it. Sandra would be happy to see me in this. So I've decided to wear it.

Once I was dressed, I packed my shoes and I wore a coat. Before I go, I texted Sandra to inform her that I'm on my way.

I walked since it's only a few blocks away. Once I got there, I already saw her skating. She saw me and she waved at me. I went inside.

I removed my coat first, wore my shoes and went to the ice rink. Sandra's mouth opened in shock when she saw me. "(Y/n). You're wearing it!" She said and smiled. "Of course. I knew it will make you happy," I replied.

She held my hands and we skated. We talked about lots of things and we reminisce about past events. It was fun and I was so happy. I know that she is happy as well.