Chapter 70: Souvenir Shopping (2)

We stopped in front of a store that sells the traditional merchandise of Japan. "I think we can get some for you mom here," Victor said. I nodded and we went inside. The store mostly sells wooden products and some tapestry. Not to mention, it's also very peaceful inside. There is a man by the counter that looked at us when we got in and greeted us but eventually returned to what he was doing.

On one side of the store is a wall covered with various folding fans. "That looks interesting," I told Victor. I walked towards the wall, gently pulling Victor behind me. We stood in front of the wall and checked out the fans. Each one has a different design of its own.

All of a sudden, the man by the counter is now beside us. "Looking for souvenirs, ma'am? These are sensu and they make a good traditional souvenir," he said.

"Ahh yes, I'm thinking of getting some for my loved ones," I said and turned to him. 

The man gasped when both Victor and I looked at him. "(Y/n) (l/n) and Victor Nikiforov?" He asked in excitement. Victor and I looked at each other, smiling, before nodding to the guy. "Wow, I'm so lucky to have met you today. Please extend my congratulations to Yuuri," he said.

"Will do," I replied. "Oh yea, here are folding fans that you can bring home for souvenirs. May I ask whom you're going to buy it to?" The man said.

"I'm thinking of giving some to my mom," I replied.

"Okay, let's see. So each design has specific symbolism. Like for example, this one with a pair of birds on it represent loving couples," he said as he took one fan from the wall and handed it to us. I took it and looked up at Victor with the same innocent smile as before when we were buying matcha chocolates.

"Alright, alright," he said and pat my head. "We'll take this one," I said. "Which fan should I give to my mom?"

"I guess you can give her this," he said and grabbed one that has a cherry blossom design on it. "Cherry blossoms represent a parent's love."

"Perfect!" I said as I took it. "Is there another variation for the cherry blossom design?" This one I'm holding right now is a violet fan with cherry blossom patterns on it.

"Oh yes, we also have this one," he said as he took down another one and gave it to me. Now this one is colored black but the cherry blossom flowers on it are pink, white, and purple. "I'll also take this one," I said.

"Very well," the man said. I gave him the three fans and he ushered us to the counter. On the way to the counter, I noticed a table with chopsticks displayed all over it. I stopped by in front of it. "I'll take some of these for Sandra," I said as I picked one pair that has a red design and is tied together with a small white bow. "I'll get maybe five of these," I said.

"Pick a color," I told Victor. He bent down to pick a green, orange, pink, and blue. "Is that red one counted as well?" He asked. "Ah, yes, I'll take this too," I answered. He stood and gave me the four chopsticks then we proceeded into the counter. I placed the chopsticks on the counter.

The man nodded and placed the fans in a small rectangular bag that fits one fan in it perfectly. He then took the chopsticks and placed them neatly in a box before putting all the items in one shopping bag. I was getting some money in my wallet before the guy spoke.

"If you don't mind," he said and gave out a chuckle. I smiled at him and asked, "What is it?" 

"Would you mind signing an autograph on this shirt right here?" He asked as he takes out a shirt that is printed with a picture of Victor and I. There was a faint blush on his cheeks as he shows it to us. "My daughter is a big fan of the two of you and I wanted to give this shirt to her," he said.

"This shirt is nice!" Victor said as he grabbed a pen from the counter and signed it. After doing so, he gave me the pen and it is my turn to affix my signature beside his. "There you go," I told him as I gave him the shirt. 

"Thank you thank you so much! He said. "I wish y'all good luck to the next competition." He gave us the shopping bag and Victor took it.

"Thank you too, I'd drop by this store again one day and I hope I'll see your daughter when I come back," I said. Victor and I thanked the man one last time before leaving the store. 

"That makes my heart happy," I said.

"So does it make mine happy," Victor replied. "But seeing you happy makes me happier."

"Aww you're making me blush," I said as I felt my cheeks get warm. I took my phone out of my bag. "Let's take a selfie," I said and gave Victor the phone. He raised it up and we posed for the camera.

He has his arm around me and I am hugging him. The first shot was of the two of us smiling at the camera and the second one is Victor and I kissing my cheek while I have my eyes closed. He gave me back my phone. "I'll post it online," I said. I opened Instagram and posted the pictures there with the caption, "Souvenir shopping with my man!"

Once the photos are uploaded, I looked at them once more. "We look cute!" I said. 

"You're cute," Victor replied and pinched the bridge of my nose. I gave him a playful punch then we carried on walking.

I glanced at the two shopping bags Victor has on his other hand. "So let's see, I already have presents for my parents, Sandra, and who else..." I said and hummed to myself. "Dominik," Victor said.

"Yes, Dominik! What do you think he'll like?" I asked him.

"Wouldn't you know it more because you're his sister?"

"Well, Dominik's a guy and I don't know much about what men want."

"Let's walk around further, maybe we'll come across something Dominik would like," he said as he held my hand tighter.

We walked deeper into the alley looking at the stores side by side. Something caught the eye of Victor and he stopped on his tracks. "What is it?" I asked him. 

He pointed to a wine store a few meters ahead of us. "We could get some sake. Dominik's a man now, I'm sure he'd be okay to have some wine," he said.

"Okay, then, I trust your decision," I replied and followed him inside. I entrust this whole situation to Victor since I'm not a wine enthusiast.

"Hello, there!" A middle-aged man greeted as we entered. "Hi!" Victor greeted back and walked towards the man. They began talking like they know each other while I helped myself sit on one of the chairs and scrolled through my phone.

I heard Victor ask for some sake and the man replied, "Well, son. You've come to the right store!" And they both gave out a laugh. The man went into the room beside the counter to I guess to get some sake. Victor then went towards the table I'm sitting in and sat beside me. As usual, he wrapped his arm around me. He loves doing this and I sometimes wonder if his arms ever feel numb from always doing this.

Victor kissed my cheek and looked at my phone. "What're you doing?" He asked. 

"Nothing, just looking through Instagram," I replied. He watched me scroll through IG when the man came out of the room carrying a wine crate with him. Victor smiled and stood, walking away from me and towards the counter.

"Now this is what I'm talking about," he said.

"Oh good lord, I hope he doesn't get his ass drunk today," I whispered to myself.