Chapter 101: Shall We Skate?

"Here comes the score for Katsuki Yuuri."

Yuuri who had his body bent over as he sat, straightened once the commentator announced those words. Victor and I sat beside him. Victor has one arm around Yuuri's shoulder while I have my hand on his back.

"His score is 97.83. It didn't break the 100 mark, but it's still a high score."

I held a fist gently over my lips to calm myself. I glanced at him for a second. Now I can feel new emotions flowing into me through Yuuri. What should I give him now? We sat still within the kiss and cry. Nobody bothered speaking nor standing. 

Without further ado, Phichit's music started playing. My eyes widened as the first notes together with the lyrics of the music filled my ears. "Shall We Skate!" I internally exclaimed. It is one of the songs from The King and The Skater! I love that movie! The song fits Phichit very well since the movie starred a Thai actor.

Excellent choice of music, I may say. Even though it stars a Thai actor, no Thai skater has ever used this music in a program. It must've been a dream for him to skate to this at a major competition. It is a dream caught in between the palm of his hands because at this very moment, it came true.

I actually wanted Victor to say that back then when we were pair skating. But he disagreed, saying it sounded copyrighted so he came up with his own, "May I have this dance?" saying it at the start of every competition. The rink became nothing less of a ballroom to the two of us.

Phichit has a lot of supporters here from Thailand. All of them were clapping to the beat of this underrated song. The claps blended with the music too well. It was so beautiful and Phichit looked majestic; almost like a prince. 

"Phichit Chulanont is the first Thai skater to advance to a Grand Prix Final. His career began when his talent was discovered as he skated at a rink in a Bangkok commercial district. He moved to Detroit by himself to train under coach Celestino. Last year, he made Thailand his home rink again."

The following jumps he did were executed well, with a beautiful height. He has no past accomplishments to defend. This is his new beginning! It's a waste if he's not as excited as a child drawing art no one's ever seen before on a blank canvas!

"Massimo!" I heard the loud cheer of Celestino nearby. No coach will not be happy to see their student in a state like this.

Phichit had the whole audience clapping until the very end of his program. "That was a flawless performance from Phichit Chulanont!" The whole arena erupted in cheers as his program came to an end.

Both Yuuri and I were looking at Phichit with bright eyes when all of a sudden, we got kicked off from the bench we were sitting on. "O-ouch!" I said as I rubbed my rear. I looked upwards to see that Yuri was the one who caused us to fall over.  "How long are you idiots gonna sit in the kiss and cry?!" He scowled.

"Yurio," Yuuri said.

"Davai," Victor and I said in unison.

Victor stood and walked towards me. He held out his hand which I gladly took and helped me stand. We were making our way towards the bleachers' area where Sandra had seats saved for us when Yuuri excused himself for a while as there was something he needed to do. 

Victor and I stood by the opening from the lobby towards the audience's area where we watched Yurio while waiting for Yuuri. "Here's Russia's next generation, Yuri Plisetsky." The Russian fairy was welcomed with applause from the audience. "He is skating to On Love: Agape. The program was choreographed by Victor Nikiforov and (y/n) (l/n)."

Yuri came to a stop in the middle of the rink. Although this program was choreographed by both Victor and me, Victor did most of the work. He built the foundation and the backbone of this program. The only part I played during the creation of it is to simply suggest and point out what should be changed and other minor stuff.