Chapter 97: Light Blue Eyes

Five years ago...

The warm air of summer blew past small leaves as Victor and I held each other's hand. I held my free hand up to cover my face from the sun's touch. "Are we there yet?" I asked, feeling a little impatient but with Victor beside me holding my hand, the unwanted feeling dissipates. His grip was firm enough to reassure that all's going well.

"Almost," Victor replied as he looked back at his phone. The maps app was open and he was leading the way towards someplace I don't know. Well, I asked him before but he didn't want to tell me. There's no use in forcing him to say it because he can really be stubborn sometimes. Today's our last day in Barcelona. Tomorrow we'd be packing up and heading back to Russia that's why today, Victor wanted to go somewhere memorable.

It's August, one of the warmest months in Barcelona. Prepared for a warm day, I'm glad I wore a lacy v neck cami and baggy shorts so that even if sunny, I'd feel fresh. The air touches my exposed skins from time to time allowing me to feel cool.

After a while, I found myself standing in front of a massive cathedral. Its shadows fell upon us protecting us from the heat. The sun's rays hit the structure in the perfect places that highlight the cathedral's gothic details. "Wow," I muttered under my breath.

Victor let go of my hand only to place it on my shoulder. "The Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia," he said. "Also known as the Barcelona Cathedral." He gave my shoulder a squeeze before pulling me closer. 

Still mesmerized by the sight, I spoke, "It's beautiful. Majestic, even!" Victor placed his index finger under my chin, gently turning my head to look at him. My eyes met his light blue ones and for a second, the majestic cathedral has no match for the beauty of his eyes. "Yea, it's beautiful," he said. Slowly, he inched his face closer to mine. "But it doesn't surpass your beauty."

The next thing I knew, his soft lips pressed against mine. Closing my eyes, I indulged in the sweetness of his lips. I placed my hand on his cheek to further angle my lips into his. The quiet surrounding seemed to get even more silent as I felt the world stop and all I know is that I'm loving Victor even more as every second passes by.

We pulled apart soon after. The warm air that touched my lips was no match for the warmth that came from Victor's. He held me close in a tight embrace. My head rests on top of his shoulder and beside his head. "Years from now," he whispered. "I want you to remember this place."

Present...

I stare at Yuuri's eyes unsure of what to do. He smiled at the person or thing he was looking at behind me before returning my gaze. He tilted his head sidewards motioning me to look behind. I swallowed the lump that subconsciously formed in my throat before I ever so slowly turned around. 

Slowly... inch by inch... until my eyes met familiar light blue ones. It is the exact pair of eyes that I've grown to love. The eyes that take me into the ocean by merely staring at it. Those eyes hold magic the stars in the sky are envious of. "Victor," I whispered.

As if hearing me, he smiled. It was so warm that even with the distance in between us, I can feel my heart melt. It was enough to make my eyes teary. I blinked once... twice... in order to brush off the small pool of tears that formed at my eyelids. Not long after, he began walking. Step after step, I can feel my heartbeat escalating one after another.

As much as I wanted to walk forward and meet Victor, I couldn't. My feet stay glued to the ground, unsure of what they should do. I can feel them tremble a little, both from the cold air and from the fast beats of my heart.

The next thing I knew, Victor is standing in front of me. So close. He stood so close that I can feel his warm breath tickle my face. My head is tilted up as I looked into his eyes. They're light blue in shade but whenever I stare at them, they take me into a depth I never knew a person could possess.