Chapter 77: Sneaky Acts

***

I was in my room unpacking some of my clothes and hanging them in my wardrobe when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID before answering. I expected it either be Sandra or Victor but it was Yuri. 

"Hello?"

"(Y/n)."

"Yuri, what's up?"

"Where are you?"

"At our house in Moscow."

"Great!"

"Why?"

"Grandpa's asking you to come over to have some pirozhki."

"Really? When?" 

"Right now, if you're free."

"Okay, okay, I'll be right there."

I haven't had Nikolai's pirozhki in so long. I'm so happy he's even inviting me over for it. I quickly finished unpacking and went outside my room towards Donik's. His room is just beside mine, by the way. I gently knocked on his door, "Donik?"

I heard some shuffling on the other side of the door before I heard him say, "Come in." I opened the door and peeked inside. Donik is doing something on his laptop. "Are you busy?" I asked.

"Not really," he stood and walked towards me. "Why?"

"I was wondering if you can drive me towards Yuri's now," I said. "I'll just get dressed."

"Oh, sure sure, no problem," he replied. I gave him a big smile, "Thanks!" and went back to my room to change clothes. There's a big window in my room. I pulled the curtains aside to check the weather. It's not snowing hard but it is still cold so I'm going to be wearing a jacket.

I walked to my wardrobe to get some clothes. I put on slim jeans and a gray turtle neck shirt. Next, I put on brown winter boots and a sage green ultralight down jacket. I also wore a gray beanie. I grabbed Nikolai's sake before going out. 

"Where's Donik?" I asked mom as I got out. "He's outside, waiting for you," she replied. I gave a nod before heading out. I walked down the porch into the lawn where Donik's car is parked. He is leaning on his car when he noticed me. He smiled and opened the door for me. "Hop in," he said.

I got inside and he closed the door. He then made his way to the driver's seat. "This is sweet," I said. "I like your car." 

Yuri's P.O.V.

"Okay, okay, I'll be right there," (y/n) said, and with that, she ended the call.

"Yuri, did you call (y/n) yet?" grandpa asked from the kitchen.

"You've asked that four times in a row now, grandpa. I just called her. She's coming over," I said, more like shouted so grandpa could hear.

I scrolled through my contact until I reach Victor's number. I pressed call. It rang twice before Victor picked up. 

"Yuri, what's up?"

"I called (y/n) and she's coming over. She's probably on her way now."

"I knew you can't resist me! Thanks, Yurio."

"Whatever whatever. What are you even keeping secret from (y/n) that you are going to her house when she's not there?"

"Nothing nothing! Well then, I gotta go. Thanks again, Yurio."

I rolled my eyes and ended the call. Those lovebirds, are they getting married yet? Victor better takes good care of (y/n). A car honked outside, taking me away from my thoughts. I peeked out from the window and saw (y/n) getting out of a car.

"Grandpa, (y/n)'s here!" I said.

"Oh, she's here already? Let her in, Yuri. I gotta finish these pirozhkis," grandpa replied.

I heard the doorbell ring. I looked out the window to see (y/n) in front of the gate, waiting. I went out to open the gate for her. Like (y/n)'s house, ours also have a big lawn. It's quite a pain in the ass that the gate is far from the house. I'd still have to walk a few meters and it's freaking cold today.

"Hi, Yuri!" (y/n) exclaimed once I opened the gate for her. "Good morning!" she said as she entered. She stood there waiting for me as I closed the gates again. "Good morning," I greeted back as we made our way inside.

I let her in the house first. She removed her beanie as she walked inside. "Where's Nikolai?" She asked as I led her into the living room. "He's in the kitchen preparing the pirozhki," I answered. Once we've reached the living room, I offered her to have a seat. She thanked me before sitting down.

"So how have you been, Yuri?" She asked. "I heard you made a brilliant senior debut."

"I placed second during the Skate Canada," I replied. "Damn that JJ. He beat me. Plus he's arrogant; he runs his mouth quite often, I hate it."

She chuckled which made me look at her. "That's okay, you'll be rising to the top sooner or later before we know it."

(Y/n) has always been supportive of me ever since I started to skate. I didn't have many friends back in our home rink because of my attitude which got me the nickname Russian Punk. Who even thought of that nickname? It's ugly. 

But yea, (y/n) has known me ever since I began skating. We were rink mates here in Moscow and grandpa and her dad knows each other well. I can consider her a family friend of some sort. She's like an older sister to me and she goes well with kids mainly why she pried the softness out of me back then.

Even now that she's coaching that pig from Japan she still extends her support to me. I wish she was my real sister. Dominik's lucky to be her biological younger brother. 

Grandpa entered the living room carrying a tray of pirozhkis. "Sorry for the wait," he said. He placed the tray on the center table. The delicious scent of the pirozhki filled the whole room making my stomach grumble.

"Oh boy, they smell good!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "I really missed this, Nikolai!"

Grandpa gave out a chuckle, "Well then, dig in, kids."

Without further ado, both (y/n) and I got ourselves a bun and ate it. I glanced at (y/n) and saw that her eyes sparkled as she ate the pirozhki. "They're really delicious, Nikolai! It's making me cry!" She said as she wiped an invisible tear off her cheek.

"Grandpa, have you ever had a pork cutlet bowl?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Pork cutlet bowl?" Grandpa asked.

"I had them back in Japan. They're really tasty!" I answered.

I saw grandpa frown a bit. "Are the pirozhkis not very good?" he asked.

"No, that's not what I meant," I waved my hands in the air.

(Y/n) chuckled at grandpa and I. "It's true that the pork cutlet bowl is tasty but no one can beat your pirozhkis," she told grandpa.

"I'm glad you liked it," grandpa replied.

"Oh by the way," (y/n) said. She placed her pirozhki on the plate as she took out a wine gift bag. "This is for you," she said as she handed the bag over to grandpa.

"Oh, what's this?" Grandpa asked as he accepted the bag. He took a peek inside and took out a bottle of sake. 

"I have some presents from Japan and that one's for you. I hope you like it," (y/n) said.

"This is great! Thank you, (y/n)," grandpa said as he placed the bottle on the table.