Chapter 80: Star of the Event

"Donik, thank you so much for driving for us today!" I said. I am leaning against the car's window as I say my thanks to my younger brother. "It's nothing. I got you always," he said. "Good luck at later's competition!" With that, he rolled up the window and drove off.

"Quite convenient that Donik has his own car now," Victor said behind me. He placed his hand on my waist and kissed my cheek. "It's nice having a car, right?" I asked as we began walking towards the hotel. "Someone should buy one soon," I smirked at my comment.

Victor leaned closer to whisper, "We'll get one soon when we settle down." I blushed at his reply but eventually waved it off. We used the elevator to get to the room faster. Victor's hand never left my waist.

We arrived in our room. Yuuri is on the couch watching television. He heard the door open making him turn around. "Hey, Yuuri! We got lunch!" I said as I showed him the take-outs we have. He turned the tv off and lead us towards the kitchen where there is a small dining table. He helped Victor and I place the foods on the table.

Once all were set, we sat down and started eating. It was quiet and no one bothered to talk so I spoke, "Yuuri, I wouldn't be with you when you fly back to Japan." Yuuri glanced up at me. "Eh? You'll be staying here, then?" He asked.

I gave a nod, "I'll be spending time with my family for a while. We'll meet in Spain."

"Why Spain?"

"The Grand Prix Finals will be held in Spain. I'm sure you'll have a spot at the Grand Prix so we'll meet there." I gave him a smile which he returned with a faint blush on his cheeks.

We carried on eating and silenced filled the atmosphere, only the sound of spoon and fork against the plat can be heard. Victor spoke, "Say, why don't we take a walk around after eating? Let's show Yuuri around your hometown for a while." My eyes sparkled at Victor's suggestion.

***

We did as planned and showed Yuuri around the places nearby. Although we didn't get too far, it still took us some time. It's almost just an hour away now before the competition.

Wearing an oxford blue trench coat, a pair of black leggings, and black pumps, I made my way across the big lobby of the hotel towards the exit; Victor and Yuuri following closely behind me.

"Sorry, I forgot something," Yuuri said as he stopped in his tracks. I turned around to see him scratching the back of his head. "I'll get it real quick."

He walked with long strides back to where the elevators are located. As for me, I sat on one of the couches placed in the lobby.

"I'll just go get some coffee, want some?" Victor asked. This hotel has a small cafe just beside this lobby for the guests so they can relax there whenever they want. Twirling the strands of my hair that fell off from my top knot, I shook my head. "No thanks. I'll just wait here."

He nodded and went ahead towards the cafe. I sat and waited but when Victor was taking a little longer, I made my way towards the cafe. Once near it, I saw Victor standing in front of the counter through the glass door.

I gently pushed the door open and walked towards him. He was busy waiting for his order that he didn't notice me getting closer to him. I wrapped an arm around his waist and stood beside him.

Surprised, he turned his head towards me. "I thought you'll wait by the lobby," he said. A soft pair of lips made contact with my temples.

I removed my arm around his waist and placed turned around so that my back is leaning on the counter. "I just felt like you were taking long," I replied.

A soft chuckle danced around my ear as Victor said, "It hasn't even been ten minutes, (y/n)." My lips curved up into a small smile, "Feels boring without you."

All of a sudden, a waitress came out of a room which I'm guessing is the kitchen. "Thank you for waiting, have a great night ahead!" She said while handing Victor a cup of coffee. Victor thanked her in return while I looked her way and smiled. Before heading out, Victor put on his shades. "What for?" I asked. "It's night time."

"So not a lot of people will recognize," he replied. Even with his shades on, I can see the wink he did right after answering. And although the chances of people recognizing him, most likely because he's with me, is much higher, he carried on wearing it. Without further ado, we went out of the cafe into the lobby.

There is something that wasn't there before: a small group of people. From what I can see, it is comprised of 7 men and one woman. One of them turned their heads and saw us. "(Y/n) and Victor!" The said person exclaimed.

The rest of the groups all turned their heads towards our direction and walked closer.

"How do you feel about returning to Russia and your hometown?"

"When will you return to skating?"

Questions were asked as soon as they got close. They formed a small circle around us, waiting for our response. I kept quiet though, leaving all the answering to Victor.

"Until the Grand Prix Final is over, I won't comment on any future plans. Right now, we see a lot of potential in Katsuki Yuuri's skating. We'd like you all to focus on Yuuri at the Rostelecom Cup," Victor answered.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw a figure walk by and stopped on their tracks. I glanced sidewards and saw the Russian fairy, Yuri. My eyes brightened at the sight of him even though there is an obvious frown on his face.

"If the skater Yuuri has that much charisma, don't you want to face him as a fellow competitor?" The only woman in the group asked. I didn't look at Victor as I kept my eyes on Yuri knowing Victor wouldn't bother answering the question.

Glancing towards the direction I'm looking at. "Hey, it's Yurio!" Victor exclaimed and pointed his finger at Yuri in an attempt to dodge the question which effectively worked.

"He's right."

"It's Yuri Plisetsky!"

Victor's action earned a fit of mutters among the group. They turned to the direction of Yuri which surprised the young boy. Victor walked towards Yuri, removing his shades as he did so.

"Did you all see the short program I put together for Yurio?" Victor asked as he placed an arm around Yuri pulling him closer.

Yuri's eyes widened for a second before he slapped Victor's arm off him, spilling the coffee Victor was holding, in the process. I watched as the lid of the cup fell off and the liquid seeped out of the cup into the floor.

"Victor just bought that," I thought as I tried to hide the frown urging to show on my face. I can't help but lowkey feel sad about it.

"Quit acting like you're still the top Russian figure skater. I'm the star in this event!" Yuri coldly said.

Despite the rude actions Yuri has shown, Victor had a smile on his lips as he watched Yuri walk away.