Chapter 108: History Maker

The whole arena was silent as I stood at the heart of the rink. It was enveloped in complete silence that a needle dropping to the ground would already be loud. All the lights are off and it was dark enough for the people to see me.

Hair fixed in a french braid, it brings me back to a moment years ago. My hair was done the same as the day I first won gold in the Grand Prix senior division; also the day Victor asked me to be his. How many years has it been then? Adrenaline fueled my body the same way it always did. "Home," I thought.

I wore the female version of Victor's Stay Close To Me. It was in a cool shade of blue, and the skirt was short enough to grant me better access to my flexibility. My bare legs were touched by the cool air of the rink. I missed this. 

Soon after, my voice echoed through the arena. It sounded clear through the massive speakers that surrounded the place.

"The center stage will always be open to everyone. It waits and waits until it's your turn to take it. The whole world is waiting for you..." my voice trailed off. This was the recording we made earlier on the day of the Grand Prix.

"Don't forget what it is that you want. Now is the time to take off. Fulfill your dream. Only you can make it a reality. Live your life. Dance your dream. Sing, sing... Sing your own song. Do to the fullest, play to the fullest, and discover. Find your path, and go above and beyond it! Now is your beginning. Live your own life. Now is your beginning. This is your time."

Faint murmurs were heard as they wonder whose voice was that; as they asked each other who was speaking. To those who knew me well, though, they need not ask.

A few faint lights turned on. It was enough to cast a silhouette on my body. The audience was squinting as they try to identify the figure that stood on the rink; the figure that is the one and only Queen of the Rink.

"This program was created for every figure skater that ever stepped foot on the rink. This is to all the skaters who dream. Those who dreamed, tried, failed, and yet continued to fight. To the beginners who have no past accomplishments to defend; who have a blank canvas in front of them waiting to be painted with their talents. To the skaters who are struggling to follow the correct way; there is no right path to ice skating. It will never be too late to dream. It is never too late to write your marks on history," the commentator said.

With those words, the arena once again fell into blank silence before the commentator spoke again, "To open the exhibition gala, ladies and gentlemen, we have the Queen of the Rink who has just announced her comeback. Let us all welcome, the one and only (Y/n) (L/n)."

Screams resonated through the arena at the mention of my voice. The rest of the lights slowly turned on to reveal me in all of my glory. My head was slightly tilted downwards until the music began.

I threw both of my arms up and moved to the left, placing my weight on my left foot, and then skating to the right and switching my weight from my left leg to my right. I lifted my left leg behind the right one for a quick curtsey and using that as leverage for a backward spin that quickly turned into a triple toe loop, both arms raised up. Next came a few camel spins and afterward, the lyrics began.

Can you hear my heartbeat?

I raised my right arm upward before bringing it closer to my ear. I held my hand right beside my ear before throwing my arms outward as I spun. 

Tired of feeling never enough.

Left arm gracefully raising up, followed by the right.

I closed my eyes, tell myself that my dreams will come true.

Placing my weight on the blade and my inner thigh, I dropped my ankles to the outside edge for a spread eagle. I swung my free leg forward and back as open as possible before setting the free foot down behind. I used the movement and momentum to initially get into the dual outside edge position.