Chapter 6: Diverging Path

"I'm freezing," I said as I struggled a bit in carrying my suitcase. "Let me carry it for you," Victor said and grabbed my suitcase. I breathed in and hugged myself.

"Vitya! Don't go! Stay here!" Yakov shouted. We stopped at our tracks and turned around. Victor walked towards Yakov. "Yakov, you were the best coach (y/n) and I ever had. You always will be," he said.

"If you walk away now, you can never come back!" Yakov said. What he said hit me. I looked down. Victor is going to set aside his competitions to coach Yuuri.

Victor dropped our suitcases. I looked at him. He placed a hand on Yakov's shoulder and whispered something. Then, he kissed his cheek.

"What the heck," I thought. "I'm sorry I can't do as you say this time," Victor said. "You never do what he says. And so do I," I thought and chuckled.

He picked our suitcase and walked back. I walked and followed him. We got on the plane and Victor said that Yakov should visit Japan sometimes.

I took my phone and texted Sandra. I told her that we're already on the plane. I looked at him and then he raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure about this?" I asked. "Yes, I am," he answered. Somehow, it feels weird. He always loved skating. Now, he's putting it away for Yuuri. Well, at least I can help Yuuri now. I snuggled close to him and closed my eyes.

A few hours later...

"(Y/n), we're here," I heard Victor say. I opened my eyes and looked outside. The ground was covered in snow. "It's winter," I said. Victor stood and I followed him. It was peaceful outside. No reporters and cameras flashing since they did not know that we were going to Japan. Neither did I.

We walked outside the airport and waited for a taxi. "Where exactly are we going?" I asked, rubbing my forehead. "To Hasetsu!" Victor answered cheerfully. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I guess this will be the perfect opportunity for me to help Yuuri. I remember the last time I taught children how to skate. A sudden honk shook me out of my thoughts. It came from a taxi. Victor opened the door and motioned me to go in. I went inside and leaned my head against the window. "To Hasetsu, please," Victor told the driver.

The taxi started moving and I looked out the window to get familiarized. My mind was flying off to the past. The memories came rushing back to me. Children running up to me as I enter the building, asking me to teach them. Fans screaming during my tours. And most of all, skating with Victor. Victor seemed to notice that I was in deep thoughts. He hugged me and snuggled close to me.

"You seem to be in deep thoughts, dear," he said. I sighed and shook my head. Victor pouted and pulled me closer to him. "What is it?" He asked. I looked up at him and shook my head. He pulled my head towards his chest. I could hear his calm heartbeat. He kissed my forehead and placed his chin on my head.

A few hours later, we arrived at Hasetsu. "Thank you," I told the driver as Victor paid him. The driver nodded and drove off. "I heard that Yuuri's family is running a hot spring resort," Victor said. "Yu-topia Akatsuki," I replied. He looked at me and raised his brows. "That's the hot spring resort they're running," I added. He clapped his hands and said "Great! A hot spring would feel good after traveling in a very cold season," he said.

We walked around until we found Yu-topia Akatsuki. "Here it is," I said. We walked inside. "Excuse me? Does Yuuri Katsuki live here?" I asked an old woman. "Oh yes, he does. You must be his friends!" She answered.

I turned to Victor. "Can you please tell us where the hot springs are? We're so tired and a relaxing warm bath will help," he said. The old woman chuckled. "Right this way, mister," she said leading us to a door. We followed her and entered.

"You may leave your belongings here. You can also change here. The hot spring is right around that corner," she said as she pointed to the corner. We nodded and thanked her.

I placed down my bag and started striping. I'm not planning to go there naked. I will just cover my body with a towel.

After changing, I turned around and I was shocked. My mouth dropped at the sight of Victor. His topless and his abs were visible. Only a towel covers his private part. I felt my face heat up and I turned around again.

Victor chuckled at my actions. "He's damn hot," I whispered. I've seen him like this before. But no matter how many times I do, I can't stop being mesmerized by him.

I felt hands touching my waist. It startles me and caused me to move forward. But the hands pulled me back. My back hit his chest. "Shall we go now, (y/n)?" Victor whispered. "Y-yes," I answered.

He let go of me and walked towards the hot spring. I followed him. The heat was rushing to my face. Even if Victor and I did these things before, I still feel shy sometimes.

When we reached the hot springs, Victor stopped and admired the spring. "A nice hot spring after a tiring day," he said as he removed his robe. I was shocked. Victor didn't wear anything beneath that robe.

"V-Victor!" I said turning around. I felt my cheeks burn. He's naked. Victor hummed. "What seems to be the problem, (y/n)?" He asked.

"Y-y-you're naked!" I said in a high pitch. I covered my face in embarrassment. Victor chuckled and went to the water.

I took a peek over my shoulders. I saw him looking at me. I blushed even harder and covered my face.

"Come on, (y/n). Enjoy the hot spring with me," Victor said. I feel so tired and I want to enjoy a hot spring. Slowly, I turned around to face Victor. My blush became so much redder when I saw him.

I don't wanna go naked. I got into the water and swam towards him. As soon as I got beside him, his arm pulled me closer, slightly squeezing.

I looked up at him and his eyes were closed. I smiled and lied my head on his shoulder. Thinking about what to do in the future.