Chapter 26: On Love: Eros

I sighed and looked around. I've spotted Yuuri looking bothered. He has his head on his hands. "Yuuri," I said. Victor looked down on me as I removed his arm from my waist and walked towards Yuuri.

"Yuuri," I said as I placed my hands on his shoulder. "It's your turn," Victor said, standing beside me. Yuuri slowly lifted his head and gasped until he saw us. H "U-um, I'm..." He began. He glanced at Victor and looked back at me. "I'm going to become a super tasty pork cutlet bowl, so please watch me!" He moved closer and placed his arms around my shoulder. I flushed at the sudden physical contact.

"Promise!" He said. "Of course," I said, wrapping my arms behind him. "We love pork cutlet bowls." I gently rubbed his back and glanced at Victor. He had a blank expression on his face. I was shocked but it sure felt nice. Having someone ask or need confidence from you.

Yuuri slowly let go. Until his hands fell to his sides. I moved my hands down to his elbows. "You can do it, Yuuri. I know you can. Don't let all those practices and talks we had to go to waste, okay? Do your best," I said and gently smiled at him.

He stared back at me with wide eyes. "Show us your eros," I said. "Come on!" I gently pulled him by the elbow towards the changing room. He removed his tracksuit and started folding them. "I-I'll do it," I said, grabbing it from him.

"E-ehh?" He asked as if asking if it's okay. I gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Yuuri. Go on outside. I'll follow shortly. Remember everything I told you," I said. "Y-yes. Thank you," He replied. "You're always welcome," I said and pat his back. I watched him go out.

I turned around and folded his tracksuit. After doing so, I placed it on the shelves beside Yurio's. I turned around to exit but Victor was standing behind me. I was shocked. The blood seemed to rush up to my face. Right now I'm standing between the shelf and Victor.

"H-hey," I spoke out. I lifted my face to look at him. I thought he's angry or something because of what happened between Yuuri and me a while ago. But no. He has a cute childish pout on his face.

"Do you have something to tell me?" He asked. I chuckled, "About what?" He stared at me for a second before answering. "Is there something between you and Yuuri?" He asked. He looks so cute when he pouts like that. I chuckled again.

"Stop laughing," he said and crossed his arms over his chest. "Are you jealous?" I asked and gave a small laugh. "Honey, there's nothing romantic between us," I said. "You know I'm in love with you, right? So don't get all jealous and stuff. Yuuri and I have some sort of a sibling relationship. He kinda reminds me of Dominik."

He had a small blush on his cheeks. I know he likes it when I call him 'honey'. "I-I was just making sure," he said and looked away. "Come on here," I said and hugged him. He gladly returned it. "Focus, you. We gotta make sure that we make the right choice today," I said and let go.

I held his hands as we went out and returned to the spot we once were a while ago. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer again. This time, he gave me a small kiss on my temple. I chuckled and playfully pushed him. "Focus," I said and looked back on the rink. After a few minutes, I looked back at him to make sure that he's focused. He looked serious again, and I'm kinda okay with that.

"We're pleased to introduce a skater who represents Japan, a late bloomer who's becoming a rising star, Katsuki Yuuri!" The commentator announced. The applause of the audience, in my opinion, was quite louder since Yuuri has more fans here.

"Good luck, Yuuri-kun!" I heard a random girl shout. It's good to know that some still support him behind his losses. "Good luck, Katsuki-kun!"

"He will skate to 'On Love: Eros.' He's been having difficulty expressing 'eros,' but he said he'll think of how he'd love to eat his favorite dish, the pork cutlet bowl."

"I believe what Yuuri is about to show us is not an ordinary pork cutlet bowl," I told myself in my mind. Yuuri stopped at the center of the ring and waited for the music to start. Yuuri gave minimal moves as soon as the music started. He faced us and smirked. Both Victor and I gave a small whistle. I gotta admit. That was pretty... hot?

The music became louder and Yuuri moved faster. With such... eros. I mean. Full of emotions. That's the Yuuri I would like to see. Full of emotions and confidence as he skates. He has this small smile on his face that lightens up the mood.

"What a seductive step sequence!" The commentator praised. Indeed. Yuuri is known for his great step sequences that sometimes carries his performance. "It's hard to believe he's imagining a pork cutlet bowl!"

"Told ya, it's not an ordinary pork cutlet bowl," I said in my mind to no one in particular. He moves so seductively. Everyone is just enthralled with his performance. He moves differently. He moves in a feminine way! He moves like me! He must have had an idea when he saw me skate it. I knew it was a good idea to show him.

Yuuri is not acting as the playboy in the story he sees. He is the most beautiful woman that seduced men side by side. That changed his performance. I think he expresses his emotions better this way.

"Now, we have a spread eagle into a triple axel." This program is tough. I am impressed that he still has stamina in the second half. I gotta admit. That's pretty spartan.

He is now about to do the quadruple Salchow. He landed those in practice with me. I hope he lands this. Yuuri tried to do it was not able to do it perfectly. "Oops! He stepped out of his quadruple Salchow! He managed to stay on his feet by putting his hands down." Groans of disappointment were heard from the audience.

Yuuri looked a bit shocked. But the confidence quickly rushed back to him. "Don't panic, Yuuri. Don't let that mistake dull your sparkle now," I said in my mind.

"A quadruple toe loop, followed by a triple toe loop! He nailed it!" The audience applauds as Yuuri performed them perfectly. I am grinning like an idiot now. I feel so happy deep inside.

I heard footsteps behind us so I craned my neck to see who it was. It was Yurio. And he looked like he's leaving. I tried to remove Victor's arm around my waist, but that only made him tighten it.

"Victor," I spoke. He looked down at me and pulled me closer. "Stay," he said. "B-but..." I looked back again to see Yurio disappear. "Yuri," I thought. I felt sad for him. I know he's hurt right now. And I couldn't even do anything. I'm torn between the person I wanted to help from the start and the person who looked upon me since the beginning.

"That pain will make you stronger, Yurio. I'll see you again. In the finals. I hope to see a better you," I said in my head. Hoping that somehow it will reach him.

I looked back at Yuuri to watch the final moments of his performance. The fire that burns in him is still flaring. Until the very end. Everyone applauds and cheered as Yuuri stopped.

"Welcome back, Yuuri!"

"Welcome back!" The people cheered.

"That is a new Yuuri you've never seen before," I said before running towards the entrance to the rink with Victor following me.

"Yuuri!" I called. He smiled and skated towards us. I jumped to him and gave him a big hug. "That's the tastiest pork cutlet bowl we've ever seen! Wonderful!" Victor said.

"Th-thank you," Yuuri replied. "I knew it was not an ordinary pork cutlet bowl!" I said and let him go.

"But can I say something?" Victor asked, his tone going down.

"S-sure," Yuuri replied.

"What was your triple axel out of spread eagle? That was the worst attempt so far. I know you also had Yurio teach you the quad Salchow in secret, but what was that?" Victor tried to lecture him.

"Calm down, you," I said as I lightly punched his arm. I was happy as well. But somehow, at the back of my mind was Yurio. "Don't worry, (y/n). You'll see a much better version of him in the finals. This skate-off will make him grow stronger," I told myself in my mind.