38

The journey to Brighton was boring, I mainly sat quietly on the coach listening to my playlist and texting Simon who was in a car with Joe, JJ, Tobi and Harry who was slightly behind us on the motorway. While George, my mum and Mere were in another car going to the same place.

I couldn't help think of how lucky I am to be doing something that I love, I always grew up knowing that things don't last for long so you should take every opportunity with two hands. As I looked around the coach seeing Alex and Kerry the two people that I have grown up watching, it makes you think as soon as you take your eyes off the ball, there is always going to be a younger fitter eagle eyed girl behind you.

"Oh my god" Sav said making me look beside me to her. "You do realise you are three goals away from one hundredth goals?" She questioned with a big smirk on her face.

"Well thanks for putting pressure on me" I joked making her laugh.

Hannah sat up and kneeled on her chair and looked back at us. "Hey you have nothing to sweat, I mean you are on form recently I wouldn't be surprised if you got four goals tomorrow" she stated.

"I'm happy with that if I get one assist" Sav pointed out making me laugh. "How are you not nervous about it?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Trust me I am, but my main focus is for us to win rather than getting my 100th goal"

@YasLloyd10: Whenever I was growing up when I told people that I wanted to be a footballer people used to laugh at me just because I'm a girl

@YasLloyd10: Whenever I was growing up when I told people that I wanted to be a footballer people used to laugh at me just because I'm a girl. People used to pair men with football, but why should they be the only ones to play? If you are a young girl wanting to be a footballer, don't let anyone take your eyes off your goal. I have my parents to thank for telling me 'if I can dream it, I can achieve it'. I always wanted to be apart of the Arsenal Ladies with the likes of Kelly Smith and Alex Scott, and to now call them my teammates and friends is so surreal to me! I know I have so much more of my career to go and I cannot wait to play more and win more! Being three away from my 100th goal was always a dream of mine and to think I could achieve it this weekend just excites me.

@ArsenalLadies: @YasLloyd10 Here Here! Good luck this weekend and bring back the 3 points to North London!

@JackWilshere: @YasLloyd10 You are the main reason Delilah wants to be a footballer! The Wilshere household will be watching this week x

@Miniminter: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

@MereLloyd: That's my cousin ^^ proud of you Yasminda 😘

@FreyaNightingale: Good luck chicken ☺️🖤

The rest of the afternoon we had our last training session with a gym session to ourselves match ready for tomorrow. Once we were all done we went back to the hotel and chilled out there, the boys came to see us then left to go to a casino while I had a bubble bath and went to bed early.

........

The Next Day

G's Pov

I was in the toilets with Hannah, Yasmine and Sav all sorting out our hair before the game started.

"So I heard that the Chelsea scouts are here today" I stated as I watched Sav and Hannah doing a braid each in Yasmine's hair.

"Wonder who they want to scout?" Hannah questioned. "I mean no one has said they wanted to move" she added making both Sav and I nod in agreement.

Sav shrugged. "They are probably looking for someone and going to offer a ridiculous amount of money their way to make sure they get her" she suggested.

"And whoever does that needs to get their head checked out, yes it's good to be paid but now that the team is getting on they should put the team first" Hannah announced.

I noticed that Yasmine had gone quiet and was biting around her nails, which she usually does when she is nervous.

"Yas" I spoke making her slightly jump, she looked up at me. "You alright?" I asked giving her small smile.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" She questioned, standing up a the girls had finished. "I'm gonna go speak to Pedro" she said shakily then walked out.

I looked over at the other girls who were already looking at me. "She probably just nervous about the 100th goal pressure" Sav shrugged it off.

Simon's Pov

"G just texted me saying Yas is nervous" JJ announced as we walked out to the pitch.

"I mean I would be if I was, I mean she is three goals away from 100 and they are everyone's favourites to win the FA Cup" Joe stated.

I let out a small sigh, I know that she didn't sleep well last night because she was overthinking. I felt so useless, because how are you supposed to comfort someone about a game which no one has control in.

The teams started to walk out, my eyes wandered to try and find her. She walked out last, she stopped to roll up her socks over her knees then jogged on the pitch to join her team. Everyone was very nervous around her as she kept her face stern, like she was on a mission and she wasn't going to let anyone get in her way.  The coach grabbed her and Hannah and along with the goalkeeper, so they could practise their shots, the audience cheered every time they scored, getting behind the girls.

After ten minutes of their warm ups everyone made their way off with Hannah wrapping her arm around her shoulder and whispered something to her and kissing her cheek.

I couldn't help but smile at that, it seems crazy that they hated each other's guts a couple of months ago but now they get on and they play amazing together.

"She's going to be alright" Mere whispered in my ear from behind as she put her hand on my shoulder. "She stresses herself out and everyone close to her but she always achieve it" she added with a small laugh.

I nodded. "I just don't want her to think she has to have them three goals" I admitted. "She will still be an amazing footballer if she doesn't reach it in this game"

She smiled and shrugged. "Try and tell her that"

.......

Ok quick question!

Do you guys like it when I write about the games? I mean obviously the main character is a footballer but would you like me write about some of games in Simon's Pov then the others in Yasmine's Pov. The others times I will miss them because it will be boring to write all the time, but tell me what you want.