68

DISCLAIMER: The topics in this chapter is quite emotional.

Two Days Later

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Simon asked the same question in the last hour and a half.

I nodded as I took Sting off him and placed him in the car making sure to strap him in safely and giving him his bone and toy before closing the door on him.

"I'm sure" I smiled before pecking his cheek. "It's just going to be a flying visit and I'll be back for Upload" I ensured him.

He nodded and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Text me when you have arrived" he whispered before pulling me in for a kiss.

I pulled away before the kiss got heated and I'd end up changing my mind. I walked round to the driver side of the car and hopped in with Simon closing the door. I turned on the engine and pulled out before waving out the window to my boyfriend who was looking like a lost puppy standing on the drive.

I was currently on the way to Newcastle, it was a very spontaneous trip as I just felt like something was wrong with my parents and knowing that they wouldn't tell me anytime soon if something was wrong I thought I'd turn up and see for myself. Simon thought it was stupid to make the long trip to the North and just a simple phone call would be ideal but, here I am on my way to Geordie land.

I rang Seana when I was on the motorway to tell her I was coming down, to find out she was currently out shopping with Kay and they will meet me tomorrow for a catch up. Which I am so excited for as I can't even remember the last time I saw Kay.

.......

After a long five hour journey I pulled up at my parents house. I turned off the engine and sat and looked at the house which didn't look as bright and beautiful as it usually did. Mums plants weren't blooming and the lawn was quite overgrown. I looked down the street and only saw dads car without mums. I could feel my heart starting to get faster as I climbed out the car and grabbed my bags and Sting.

I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell, I waited but there wasn't any answer, I knocked on it with my special knock to tell them that it was me. I looked over my shoulder to see a young couple across the road staring at me, like they were trying to work out who I was. I looked back at the door and let out a large sigh, before picking up my bags and walked around the back. As I entered the garden I could hear a woman's voice, but I didn't recognise it as anyone I knew. I creeped up to the back door to see a nurse looking woman with her ginger hair tied up in a bun, I tapped on the door and spotted my dad sitting on the bench looking ever so thin with his skin looking grey like all the life has been sucked out of him.

"Yasmine?" He softly said before starting to cough, which sounded really chesty like it could make him burst as how fragile he looked.

"Ah you are the famous Yasmine, you're father hasn't stop speaking about you" the nurse smiled with a hint of Irish in her accent.

She instantly dropped her smile once I looked at her, with my dad having a scared look on his face.

"Zara can you give me and my daughter a second" he smiled, she nodded and walked out the kitchen before putting her hand on his shoulder.

He waved me over to him and patted the space beside him. I walked over slowly and sat down.

My eyes wandered over him to see that his beard that was perfectly tripped was now over grown making look somewhat homeless, the pyjamas that I brought him last Christmas which fitted perfectly looked oversized on him.