59

We all woke up midday and decided to cook a storm in the kitchen, when I say a storm I mean average food with a messy kitchen left afterwards. We managed to make everyone either porridge or a massive fry up, then we all sat around eating and gossiping.

Once we were done Mere, Cal and Harry decided to tidy up, I looked over at G who was sitting in the corner of the sofa glued to her phone. I watched as she scrolled through reading something, she suddenly paused putting her hand to her mouth then jumped up fast walked hoping to not get anyone's attention as she went to the spare room. I grabbed my crutches and followed after her, making sure to close the doors behind me.

I took a seat on the bath as she throw up her guts in the toilet.

"Stupid hangover" she whispered once she was finished.

I furrowed my eyes at her. I knew for a fact that she didn't drink last night so it definitely wasn't that. "Oh my god.." I said slowly making her look at me with her upset eyes.

She didn't have to say anything I knew that I was right. I got up and hopped over to her and brought her in an embrace.

"Please don't make me say it because as soon as I do it makes it real" she said weakly.

I ran my hands through her hair. "Does JJ know?"

She shook her head. "He'll end it if he finds out, this will be the end for both of our careers" she sobbed.

"Wait you are thinking of keeping it?"

She moved away from me and ran her hands through her hair. "Yeah ofcourse, I can't get rid of it, there is loads of woman who can't have babies and would kill to be in my shoes right now" she said sensibly.

I bite my lip. "But as you said it could ruin both of your careers, and would you want a child to be brought up with their father hating them?"

"Well thats JJ's decision, but I know that I will be a fantastic mother and won't need him" she spoke as she jumped up and wiped the tears from her face. "Don't tell anyone, I need to sort everything out before I start telling everyone and anyone"

I nodded then she left me in the bathroom, I heard her say goodbye to everyone.

How can my best friend be pregnant right now, sure she is 25 and quite capable of having a child but this should the happiest time of your life and right now she is scared whether she will be left alone to bring up a child for the next 18 years. I was scared of how JJ would react to the news, he doesn't seem like the one to settle down yet if ever.

A sudden knock on the door made me jump out my skin, I looked up as the door began to open to see Simon smiling at me.

"What you doing in here?" He asked with a small smile on his lips.

I shook my head. "Just... thinking"

He raised his eyebrows then closed the door behind him and sat down beside me. "About the.... injury?" He asked slowly knowing it was a touchy subject.

"No." I sighed. "Just the future, marriage. kids, the whole package" I shrugged. I noticed that he stayed silence making me look at him. "I'm not pressuring you to commit Si, I'm just wondering if hypothetically both of the people are in a successful careers and are just at their peaks, one of them is ready but the other one isn't" I rambled. "Should they keep the baby and jeopardise what you have in life or go for it?" I questioned.

He took my hand into his. "Well hypothetically I think that the one who is up for moving to the next chapter should talk to their partner, you never know they might want to as well but didn't think the other wanted it" he said softly.