93

I managed to find out where mum was currently living with the help from Simon and Shearer. So Mere and I decided to get up early and take a drive down to see her as she was basically ghosting us, ignoring our phone calls and texts. And I wanted to tell her about my move instead of her learning about it once I was out there.

Once we arrived there it was completely different from what I thought. It turns out that mum has completely moved on and is now living with her new boyfriend called Fredrick, who basically looks like an older version of my dad and I couldn't help but think that was a wannabe peaky blinder. And Fredrick's teenage son Grayson, who had freckles covering us face with piercing blue eyes.

Mum was completely shocked at our arrival but instantly pulled us in and said that we were just in time for some lunch.

The house was an old barn which still had alot of the barn characteristics, such as the pebbles and the thatched roof, which instantly made me think of Joe. Indoors was really spacious, it looked like it has had a lot of living in it, not like the three of them have just moved in. To be honest I couldn't find one thing that came from the old house, it was as if she didn't even live there with them.

We sat all in the kitchen around the rounded table as we ate Fredrick's tuna salad, as everyone was talking. I couldn't stop looking at mum who was drinking a large white wine, which was strange for her as she is usually against daytime alcohol drinking. But here is drinking her second glass since sitting down.

"So what do you do at college Grayson" Mere asked.

"Photography, I like showing different aspects on things" he explained with Fredrick smiling at him like he was super proud of him.

Mum nodded. "I was telling Gray that he should go down to one of your games and take some photos" she suggested.

"That's sucha good idea, Gray you are so welcome" I said sarcastically.

"So Yasmine, I hear that you are a footballer, your mum has nothing but good things to say about you" Grayson's voice made me look away from my mum.

"She never stops talking about you, it's nice to have a face to a name" Fredrick added.

I nodded as I just picked out the Tuna. "Really? That's funny because I've heard absolutely nothing about you guys" I snapped mainly just staring at mum.

She let out an awkward cough making her sip her drink before she looked directly at me before giving me a sympathetic look. "I was going to tell you, I just didn't want to rush into it"

"Rush into it?" I questioned. "You are fucking living with them! It looks like you have moved on just fine!" I snapped.

I noticed mums eyes start to tear up with Grayson put his hand on hers.

"Listen this has been hard for your mum, of course it has but I'm not here to replace your father or your uncle in any sort of way" Fredrick spoke softly looking at both Mere and I.

"Oh don't worry you won't come even close to my dad!"

"Yasmine!" Mum snapped, looking at me like I was a naughty toddler. "Please don't do this, you know your father didn't want us to stop our lives and just mope around"

"He didn't mean move on this quickly!" I declared. "You quickly packed up his things and moved away! Without even looking back!"

Fredrick and Grayson stood up taking this plates, wanting to leave us to have a family talk.

"No you don't have to leave, we are going, I've got meetings to get back for" I spoke as I stood up with Mere following asuite.

Mum stood up slowly as she wiped her tears from her face. "Can't you stay a little bit longer, I haven't seen you guys in ages" she begged. "How's Tobi Mere?"

"He's good" she said dryly.

I grabbed my keys from the side as I looked at Fredrick and Grayson who were looking at me like I was some Scrooge who just ruined Christmas.

"I...the only reason I came here was to tell you that I was moving" I whispered as I kept my eyes down at my keys in my hand.

"Wh...What where? Why?"

I nodded as I peered over at Mere. "I'm going on loan" I said quickly. "I'm finalising everything later on but I wanted you to hear it from me rather than the news" I stated. "I'm going to Paris"

I looked up at her which she was now smiling at me. "We'll come out and watch you... I mean if that's what you want"

I bite my lip as I could just hear my dad, telling me to be nice. I nodded with mum kissing my cheek. I took Mere's hand and walked out ignoring the two arseholes.

.......

"Ok just sign here... and here... and here... and date there... and read over that... then sign of you agree with everything" Dom pointed out.

I nodded as I put the pen down with him taking the paper back into his hands. "This feels so weird" I explained.

"You are now a PSG footballer" the middle aged French PSG agent smiled. "Welcome to the club Miss Lloyd, we are looking forward for you to be with us" he stated as he shook both mine and Dom's hands.

He then started speaking to Dom before he picked up his things and left. As soon as the door closed I leaped over to Dom and hugged him as he swayed me around.

"Congratulations kiddo, this is going to be big for you to show everyone what you have got to offer on a world stage"

"The hard work starts here right" I smiled.

He nodded before he handed me a glass of champagne. "Here's to Paris" he cheered.

It felt to just celebrating with Dom, when I first signed for Arsenal Ladies I had both my mum and dad with me as I signed the contract. My mind instantly went back to earlier. Now that mum has moved on to a new family it seems as though I have lost not just my dad but mum as well.
....