66

Two Weeks Later

Today was the day of getting my cast removed, which means I'm one step closer to getting back on the pitch and playing. George came along with them as they saw through the plaster, which I was quite nervous about as Ethan and Harry were winding me up about the Doctor slipping and cutting my whole ankle off.

It instantly made me feel weird as I could feel the air around my bare skin and I could finally see the off coloured area. The doctors cleaned up my slightly puffy ankle then put me in for another X- Ray to recheck the fractured bone.

Once we were done we made our way to Chelsea training centre to see the clubs Doctor to arrange the next stage of my recovery. As we pulled up in the car park I felt heavy butterflies fill my stomach, it made me realise that it was my first time here since I sighed here. I climbed out of the car and slowly followed behind George towards the training fields which was behind the large white building. My eyes skimmed over the area infront of me instantly spotting the large haired David Luiz, the small figure of Eden Hazard along with the legends that are Karen Carney and Katie Chapman all occupied in a small team warm up. We stood on the sideline for a few minutes watching both of the teams showing off their skills and not being afraid to challenge each other even though their season is full on and ours is just about to start.

They suddenly blew the whistle and a small blonde plump woman came running over with a massive smile on her face. As she got to me she engulfed me in a massive tight hug as she swayed us from side to side as if we have been friends for years and have been reunited.

"Welcome to the club Yasmine" she smiled as she rubbed her hand over both arms. "Sorry, I have been keeping a very close eye on you since last season and I love how you play and I know how much of a valued player you will be for the club this season" she smiled longingly at me.

I could feel heat rise to my cheeks. "Thank you"

"Ok as you are here now we are having a photoshoot for the new kits, and we are thinking of revealing your number" she explained becoming more professional.

I looked over at George. "I don't even know what number?" I questioned.

I heard a laugh appear behind making me look over to see Katie Chapman smiling at me like a Cheshire Cat. "Are you being serious?" She laughed which instantly quietened as she noticed my facial expression. "You are number 10" she added making my mouth drop.

"But what about Ji?" I questioned as my eyes stopped on the Korean who wiped her forehead as she walked inside with her teammates.

Katie shrugged as she wrapped her arms around me. "Welcome to the team buddy" she whispered.

George and Emma went and spoke in her office and Katie showed me to the changing room to get ready for the photoshoot. Everyone seemed lovely and excited about me joining, both Katie and Claire Rafferty had me under their wing for the whole day. Ji kept her distances from me but I could feel the daggers that she was sending my way. I couldn't blame her though, the first thing you do when you think your spot is in jeopardy is being all your walls up, exactly what I did with Hannah.

The photos came out decent and I had a small Q&A which Katie held for the fans to get to know me better, it was more on the personal note asking who my favourite band is and my favourite icecream flavour. Pretty laid back and chill.

.........

The Next Day

Today I woke up quite early and had all the guys round helping me take all my large brown boxes that I have been packing over the last week down to the removal truck. It was quite funny seeing the guys try and take the sofas down the stairs, it was like we were in the episode of Friends which Simon has made me watch.