76

"He's still asleep" Zara whispered as she walked into the kitchen.

"Bless him yesterday must of really took it out of him" Mum stated. "That was the first time I saw him really smile than he did when he was sitting talking to Alan and the guys" she gushed.

I let out a small smile, as his beaming face appeared in my mind. Shearer was sitting beside him leaning in close to him as they were in deep conversation about everything and nothing. I managed to get Shearer on side to meet my dad, luckily he was really cooperative as soon as he heard my dads story and was up for meeting up with him. The two of them instantly got on like a house on fire and was like a little reunion to old school best friends, and only had eyes for each other which made them miss most of the second half.

"How long was you planning it?" Zara asked as she joined the table.

I shrugged. "Since he agreed to come along"

I have met Alan a few times after matches against Newcastle and he always took time out to give me advice about what he liked about my game.

Once the game was finished we went into the dressing room for him to meet the squad and the owners who all took time out and was very welcoming to him. Some of ex players got together and signed a shirt for him which he was so happy about. We sat in the living room once we got back with him pointing out all the signatures and telling stories about each player.

"Its nice to see them look after their own" I smiled as stirred my tea slowly. "You know, he didn't have to do all that, it's nice to know your childhood hero isn't really big headed and only care about themselves" I stated.

Mum stayed quiet as she swiped through the photos we took last night. "I'm going to frame this" she smiled as she showed the black and white photo of Alan and dad with massive Cheshire Cat smiles on their faces.

The sound of dad coughing made Zara leave the table and walked into the front room with a jug of water. I leaned back in my chair and resting my head backwards.

"Do you want to go to the shop and cook a Sunday roast for dad and Zara?" I questioned as I played with my hair.

Mum looked up and nodded as she grabbed her car keys.

.......

"Whistle while you work" I sang with Mum joining in with the whistling. "Put on that grin and start right in to whistle loud and long"

"Just hum a merry tune" Dad joined as he got wheeled into the room by Zara.

"Just do your best and take a rest and sing yourself a song" I sang making everyone laugh.

Zara joined us into the kitchen area and turned on the kettle. "I really wish people told me that you guys are insane" Zara joked making me stick my tongue out at her.

"Well we might be insane but we make the best roast" Mum smiled proudly. "We used to always sing it when we baked with Yas at the weekend" Mum explained.

Dad laughed making our attention go towards him. "Yasmine was a massive fan of Snow White and she used to sing it to her dogs hoping they would join in with her" he laughed with Zara and Mum join in.

"Can you imagine how amazing if they did, we would of 100% won Britain's got talent" I smiled proudly.

We sat around the table and played Monopoly which we used to do on the weekends, my dad and I used to always pair up against Mum and Mere. We were all pretty competitive so it usually cause arguments between us, but it all got settled when we sat round the table eating mums famous roast. 

............

Today was the day I had to go back home, I was quite emotional just not knowing if this was the last time I would see my dad. It was an hour before I had to leave so I let the dogs out the garden and was spending the last few minutes cuddled up to dad even though he was asleep.

I was feeling really anxious about going back home and having to face the music with the whole Simon situation. Of course I was scared that he was going to leave me, I love him so much and I don't want Joe getting in the middle of us. Especially that I need him so much more right now and of course I don't expect him to stay with me while I'm going through this but it'd be nice to have someone to lean on for security.

I put the two boys in their seats and then said my goodbyes to the three of them. Dad gave me a long hug as if he was saying goodbye to me for one last time. I promised my mum for the thirteenth time that I'd ring her when I get home which she finally decided that I was now telling the truth.

I waved to them as I took off and started the long trip home. As I got on the motorway I couldn't wait so I called Simon, it rang for a long time which made me think he wasn't going to answer my call, but he answer when I was about to end it.

"Yasmine?" His voice sounded as if he had just woken up.

"Yeah, Hi. I just wanted to say I am coming home now , I can pop round to have that chat if you want, that is" i said awkwardly.

He stayed quiet for a second before hearing movement. "No that's not necessarily" he stated making me frown at his coldness.

"Simon please" I whispered. "You know I love you"

He let out a low chuckle. "Do you? Is that why you went on a date with him?" He shot.

"How many times? I was with G and Hannah and I invited him because he was round when they invited me!"

"I think we just need to take a break, you have a lot on your plate with your comeback and your dad. You need time to just look after yourself"

"Simon please" I croaked.

He stayed quiet for a moment. "I love you" He whispered.

"If you loved me you wouldn't be throwing this away like I don't mean shit to you!" I fired back.

"I'm sorry" he whispered before he cut the phone call off.

I tried to wipe the tears out my eyes but more flooded in, I pulled over on the side of the motorway and turned the engine off and rested my head on the steering wheel, now going into a full breakdown mode.

If I didn't think my life could be any more shit, it definitely has now!

..........

SO guys I am back, sorry you had to wait this long to know what happened to Yas and Simon. I haven't got much to say apart from having a little holiday for my birthday.

QUESTION: If Yasmine was to date anyone else who would you like it to be?