86

Chelsea Ladies 0 - PSG Feminines 2

That's what was read on the board that was clear to see in the stadium. There was only thirteen minutes left of the game, we were having a mare to say the least. The whole team didn't seem to be on the same page, once we won the ball back we lost it from the simplest of passes which was either just behind the player or way too infront of us that we couldn't rush to get it as the goalkeeper scooped it up.

We were practically just parking the bus with our main objective was to not concede many more goals. For most of the game I have been in our own half trying to stop their high intensity attack. Right now I knew what it was like to be Brazil when they got kicked out of the World Cup against Germany. Sure we were losing 7-1 but it was as if the coach just got eleven strangers to play.

Whenever we got the ball the French team instantly ambushed the player which made us lose it again, so they just carelessly just kicked the ball up ball hoping someone could get on to it. The only chance we had on goal was when Kirby won the ball back at the halfway line, she saw my run and threaded it through, I ran after it making sure I was onside before being one on one with the goalie, I chipped the ball over her but it hit the post.

As the time ticked away on the clock the more and more times the players shouted at each other or gave each other death stares when the ball didn't reach them.

It wasn't until we had ten minutes left when coach chose to do the last substitution,  which meant Kirby was now off for Crystal Dunn.

"Come on let's get one goal" she said as she joined me in the wall to defend the freekick.

The whistle went off with the player stepping to ball, both Dunn and I jumped up as soon as she kicked it which Dunn headed it away which landed at Ji So-yun's feet. Dunn tapped my back as she jetted off alongside, I took off down the wing with the three of us side by side. I could hear our crowd liven up for the first time during the game. The Korean midfielder laid it off to the American as I ran into the box. She looked up then booted it over, I leaped up and head butted the hard ball at the back of the net.

The crowd cheered which was very half heartedly, I mean we are still losing. I ran to pick up the ball and gave Ji and Crystal a small hand slap before we ran back to restart the game.

As the final whistle went off the crowd was mainly booing from our poor performance. I put my shirt over my face as I couldn't help but think that I am now letting down my dad. I felt someone pull me into them and gave me a soothing hug, which instantly made me break down into tears.

"I've let him down" I cried.

They stayed quiet and squeezed me. "No you haven't, don't ever think that" they spoke making me realise it was Claire who had engulfed me.

She pulled away from me and helped me get off the field, I could feel the camera on me so I kept my head down my shirt crying. The sound became quieter which meant I was safe in the tunnel, I pulled my shirt down and found the small French coach Patrice Lair walking over to us.

"Miss Lloyd?" He smiled.

I nodded as Claire kept a hold of me protectively.

"I know the game didn't go the way you wanted, but you showed your professionalism and how you give 100% until the end whistle" he said in a strong French accent.

I nodded again wiping away my tears realising how much of a mess I looked.

He smiled before he looked at Claire then back at me. "If you ever want a new adventure, I'd love it for you came to play for us" he said putting his hand out.