69

DISCLAIMER: Emotional topics in this chapter.

I woke up with my whole body aching from yesterday, my eyes were stinging from all the crying and my head was banging from all the information I had to take in. I looked over to see Seana was still fast asleep beside me as her arm was wrapped around my waist, which was a good comfort as I slept.

I carefully climbed out of bed and turned off my laptop which was still on the NHS page what I was reading before I went to sleep. I grabbed some clothes and walked to the bathroom.

I locked myself in and was faced with myself in the mirror, I looked really rough with major sleeping bags under my eyes. I got undressed and stepped into the shower, instantly relaxing as the hot water hit my tensed muscles. I put my head under letting the water dance over my hair, I lifted my face up letting the water cover my whole body.

I got myself dressed wearing a black hoodie and gym trousers, not much effort going into it. I plaited my wet hair into two Dutch braids so I didn't have to think about it. I sprayed some perfume on my skin quickly before exiting.

I walked down the stairs quietly afraid to wake my dad up who was asleep in the front room, I opened the door quietly with it squeaking. I looked through the gap to see my dad asleep with his head resting upwards with his lips slightly apart, his boney chest rising as he breathed, which looked like he would break at any given moment. I could feel tears appear in my eyes as I looked at the man who I grow up with, who I always called my hero and is now looking nothing like himself.

I heard the door open making me quickly wipe my eyes to see Zara walking in, she smiled at me as she put her keys down. I closed the door and walked into the kitchen so I could have some space.

"How is he today?" Zara's voice appeared behind me.

I rolled my eyes at her even though she couldn't see me. "He's dying how do you think he is doing?" I questioned.

"Zara is that you?" My dads voice appeared before she could answer me. She let out a small sigh before walking away to see what he needed.

I let out a shakily breathe before I walked into the front room to join them.

"Ah there she is, how did you sleep kiddo?" He asked sounding more jolly, than normal.

I shrugged. "Alright I guess" I said half true.

"Anything planned today?" He asked as he patted Sting who was asleep beside him.

I shook my head. "Nope, but why don't we go out for a walk, we could use the wheelchair in the kitchen and take a walk into the centre, see whose about" I smiled.

He shook his head. "No"

I bite my cheek and thought. "Oh, Newcastle are playing at home, I could get some tickets. We haven't been down to watch them in ages and..."

He cut me off. "NO I am not leaving the house! I am not having you pushing me around having people feel sorry and pity me!" He moaned.

"No one is going to pity you, that's the best thing about football fans, they don't notice what is different about you guys if you are wearing the same colours because you are all family" I said what he used to say to me when I was younger.

He ran his hands over his face. "Are you not listening to me?" He questioned.

I nodded and looked at Zara. "Ok, I'll be in the..." I said pointing behind me and quickly walked out.

I closed the door behind me in the kitchen, I leaned back and started to cry. I was trying to make him feel normal and do things that we used to do when I was growing up. I looked on the counter and spotted my keys, I grabbed them and quickly put on my Yeezys and a jacket and walked out the back gate. I hopped into my car, I looked at the house one last time before I drove off.