War?

Amukelani's POV

"To what do i owe this special visit from you?" I ask. "Hawu I can't visit my daughter at work." asks dad. "Baba uyazi ukuthi mina nawe ubudlwelane bethu abukho lapho." (Dad you know our relationship is not at that level.) "There is a meeting ntambama." (later on.) "What is it about?"

"Uzobona mowufika ukuthi imayelana ngani lomhlangano." he says. (You will see when you arrive what the meeting is about.) "Is it something good or bad?" I ask. I'm honestly not in the mood to go home but by the looks of things I'm forced to go. "You shall see when you get there." I check the time on my watch and realise I have to leave for a meeting with a client.

"Baba i have to go i have a meeting with a client I'll see you later." I said. "Ufike ke ngesikhathi esifanele." (Arrive on time.) "You don't want to tell me what it's about so I won't bother arriving on time." "Amukelani." "Ngiydlala ngizofika ngo7." (I'm joking I'll arrive at seven.) He stands up and leaves and i sigh. Thank goodness his gone.

I pack my stuff and walk to my car. I drive to a cafe and find my client waiting for me. "Hey sorry I'm late." I said. "No its okay. I just got here too. I ordered you an iced cappuccino." "Thanks. Its like you knew its my favourite." He smiles and I sit down.

The waitress brings our orders and we thank her. "How are you?" he asked. "I'm okay and you." "Ukukhala akusizi."(Crying doesn't help.) "Don't worry we will win this case." "Sure." "By the looks of things we do stand a chance. This is a circumstantial case and i don't know how it got to court so have a little bit of faith." He nods and let's out a small smile.

I take out my laptop from its bag and search for his file and go through the evidence and the questions I have written for the corona that will be on the witness stand."How is it going?" he asks. "So the cororna will be taking the stand and i have already written the questions I will ask him and same goes for the prosecutor. Would you like to take a look?"

He nods and i turn the laptop so he can also see it and i read out the questions for him and explain a few things to him and he nods. "Apparently they have DNA evidence that they found on the crime scene and they will try to link it back to you. We need to take a swab of your DNA and compare it to the one that was found on the scene." I say. "I should have agreed to do it when I was brought for questioning." he mumbles.

"You have every right to not want your DNA to be taken. When the results come back they will prove you weren't there so we do have a chance of winning this case. Just chin up and keep your head up high. That guy is an inexperienced prosecutor and he was supposed to investigate thoroughly before bringing this case to court." I say.

"I'm trying. Its taking a toll on me but I'm praying and i have so much faith in you." he says. "I promise you we will win as long as its not your DNA that was found on the crime scene then we will definitely win." "I hope so too." "I hope you are satisfied with what I told you today. Do you have any questions?" "No, I'm satisfied with everything. Can i get a hug...i need some sort of comfort." "Sure." I usually don't do this but I understand how stressful things may get sometimes.

He hugs me and his hands touch my ass. I am a bit taken aback by the action but i pretend like i don't  feel anything. "I like you." he says. I choke on my own spit and he pats my back. "Are you alright?" "Yeah I'm okay." "More than a friend or lawyer." I look at him and nod.

The room was getting a little too hot. I pack my laptop and take my bag and leave. I have to admit he is very lookable but i wouldn't want to mix business with pleasure. Those things never end well when they are mixed and the rules at work don't allow me to get involved with clients.

I get in my car and sigh. I wouldn't mind fucking him but after the case is over. Its been a while anyways since I've had some good stuff. After taking my two minute break i start the car and head back to my apartment. I shuffle my playlist and the song Post to be by Omarion starts playing. My favourite classic of all time. When life was still good back in the days.

I get to my apartment and change into a jean and top and wear my sneakers. I leave my wig on and fix it up a bit and wash off my make up. I would like to netflix and chill but this family dinner seems important and i know my dad will spend two weeks giving me a lecture about missing this seemingly important meeting of his.

When my dad is the one that calls the meetings then I know it's something serious. It's either there is something going on with the business which I hardly get myself involved in because I have my own life to live or he wants us to go to war or attack another family. I pray it's the first option because I'm not in the mood to be fighting people. I have enough problems as is.

I take a packet of chips and go to my parent's house. Thirty minutes later i get there and i see almost everyone is there. I'm glad i ain't the one thats late today. My dad hates/dislikes people who lack punctuality. He is always on time and i like arriving late just to piss him off. It's very easy to get on his bad side. Others choose not to do it but not me.

I get inside the house and head straight to the kitchen and find my mother cooking. "If it isn't my favourite person in the whole world." I say and she chuckles. "My baby. Uright?" (Are you okay?)"Good and you." "I'm okay." "What did you cook today?" "Food. You shall see when its served go sit with the others."

I'm very close with my siblings and mom. My mom is my best friend and confidant. I'm the middle born and i have three brothers and one sister. My relationship with my sister is not the best but we try and make it work. I'm more closer with my brothers than I am with her and i wish it was different but you don't always get what you want right.

"My favourite people in the world." I say and they chuckle. "Please." says Aphelele. "Mara you guys are my favourite people." "Come sit next to me fool." "Fool is your first love." "And why would you say that?" "She was foolish to fall for you." "Mxm."

I sit next to him and he tickles me. "Stop it ngoba I'll hurt you." "Amu uright?" (Are you okay?) asks Aphiwe. "I'm good and you." "I'm good." "Where is Ayanda?" "I see he is the one thats late today." "He is in trouble with baba." "I heard my name."

"Ayanda is late." says Aphelele. "Whats up with your brother these days?" "There is something called life baba. You would know if you tried to experience it more often." "Kanti what am i doing right now?" "Breathing." I laugh. "Uyadelela wena." Aphelele rolls his eyes. (You are being disrespectful.)

"Family!" shouts Ayanda. "If it isn't my favourite person in the whole world." "Ohhh my big sister. How are you my pumpkin?" "I'm good sugarbear." "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.)"I didn't ask you." "Voetsek." "Great everyone is here." says dad.

"Asanda isn't here." I say. "She is in the bathroom." says Aphiwe. "Oh okay." We all went and sat down at the dinner table. There was lamb chops and all the goodies. "Yum." "Pray Amu." says mom. "Since when are we religious." "Just pray Amu." says Asanda while sitting down. I roll my eyes.

"God bless our food before we eat. Amen." "Amen." they say simultaneously. We ate in silence. The only thing you could hear was the clicking of the spoons and plates. Usually we are talking or catching up with each other so I'm surprised that today we are eating in silence. I wonder what is going on.

"Baba why did you call us?" asks Ayanda. I'm glad he broke the tension it was getting a little overbearing for some of us who can't keep their mouths shut. He clears his throat. "There is a war coming." "Of course there is." I mumble. I was praying that we had an issue with the business but here we are going to war. Can't we just take a break from killing people for at least a decade.

"With who?" asks Aphiwe. "The Khozas." answers dad.