Death bed?

Amukelani's POV

I try to open my eyes but I'm blinded by the light. Please don't tell me I'm in a hospital..The last thing I remember is taking out the ice cream but then it was lights out for me. I think Sthembiso should have poured me with water instead of dragging my ass here cause I don't like hospitals especially the food they serve.

I sit up and I see him resting his head on his arms. I tap his shoulder to let him know I'm awake. "You finally awake." he says. "You saying that finally like I've been sleeping for hours or days or weeks or months or maybe even worse, years." I say and he chuckles. "Still got a sense of humour even on your death bed."

"One of the most useful ways to stop myself from panicking and having unidentified anger issues." I say. "I guess now i should do hospital trips with you cause at least I'll be entertained." he says. "Of course you should." We laugh. "What happened?" "You fainted and we came here."

"So much unnecessary drama." I say. "It's not." he says. "I just fainted." "It could have been just that or something way deeper than just fainting." "Has the doctor told you what's wrong with me?" "No he was waiting for you to wake up." I nod. At least the doctor didn't tell him about my health while I was still passed out. I know his my boyfriend but we not at that stage where he can know my health status before me.

As if right on que the doctor walks in and greets the both of us. "Am I on my death bed?" I ask. "No you not." he says. "Am I pregnant?" "What!" says Sthembiso. The way he whipped his head so fast I'm surprised he didn't suffer from whiplash. "It does happen I've seen all the symptoms and I'm not about to sit here and play dumb when I know there might be a slight chance." He takes a deep breath in.

I'm just praying that I'm not pregnant cause my family will be planning a funeral for two or i will play fetus deletus and i don't think I can kill my unborn child. "No don't worry you not pregnant." says the doctor. We both sigh a sigh of relief. " Your blood pressure and sugar levels were too low hence you fainted." "Okay."

"What could be the cause of that?" asks Sthembiso. "It can be stress or signs of diabetes and high or low blood pressure." says the doctor. "So what can she do to get better?" "She should start taking it easy that means taking a few days off and start eating healthy like your fruits and vegetables and exercise."

"So I don't have diabetes or anything?" I ask. "No you don't you were just stressed and that lead to low blood pressure and low sugar levels." he says. "Do I need to take supplements?" "Yes you will have a prescription and you will drink until its finished." "When am i leaving?"

"We want to keep you overnight to check if nothing changes then by tomorrow morning you might go home." he says. "Okay thank you." I say. "I'll check up on you later." I nod and he leaves.

"What's stressing you out?" he asks. "Work I guess. You know how i love to overwork myself and do late nights at work." I say. "I hope you heard what he said." "Loud and clear." "You almost had me at pregnancy." I chuckle. "I have two sisters in law and I've seen how the rodeo goes and i couldn't help but get scared." He chuckles. "Never do that to me again." We chuckle. "I won't don't worry."

There is a bunch of things stressing me out and work is just the least of my problems. I've always been pulling late nights at work and now i can't just faint because of it so its definitely about this war situation thats going on and probably the guilt that I feel for using him. I just need to stop feeling once and for all.