Intentions?

Amukelani's POV

I try to open my eyes but they feel heavy. I piece together what happened and that's when it all comes crashing down like a ton of bricks. I look to my side and i see Sthembiso staring into space. I know that there is a lot going on in his mind and i know that I have my own questions but I'm too tired and drained to even ask.

I don't want him here. I don't want to see his face. He just annoys me and i want to be left alone. "Sthembiso." I say and he looks at me but then looks away. "Are you okay?" he asks after what feels like an eternity of silence. "As you can see I'm awake talking to you so yeah I am okay. Wena." He chuckles. "I could be better."

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "What do you mean by that?" he asks. "I mean what are you doing here?" "I'm here because I helped you." "I know that you helped me but my question is why." "Because you my girlfriend and i wasn't going to leave you like that." Now it was my turn to chuckle.  "Girlfriend?"

"You not my sneaky link though." he says. "I'm not saying your right or wrong I'm just shocked that you used that word." I say. "Oh well despite it all you my girlfriend." I chuckle. "Please leave." "Huh?" "You heard me Sthembiso please go I just need to time to process everything." "Don't you think i also need time to process everything?" "I don't know."

"Well I do but here I am comforting you." he says. "And who said I needed your comfort." I say. "Nobody but I'm here." "Good now leave. I want to call my family I'd rather have their comfort then yours." He scoffs and rolls his eyes. "That same family that put you here." "You are also at fault so don't try and act better." "I'm not trying to act better but you know that they also contributed to this." I roll my eyes.

"Just leave Sthembiso. Your family needs you more than I need you." I say and he nods and leaves. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. Who does he think he is to tell me that? I sit up straight and take my phone and call my dad.

"Amukelani where are you?" he asks. "I'm at the hospital." I answer. "Which one?" "Medicare." "Okay I'm on my way." He drops the phone and i sigh.

Now I get why my dad was seeking revenge on the Khoza's. Do I blame him for acting out of rage? No. Do I wish he handled it better like a man? Yes. If he decided to just talk to him then I wouldn't be where I am today. I wouldn't have had to catch feelings for him. I know he is gonna be angry at me for catching feelings for him. I think I was better off not knowing the truth behind the whole thing.

The doctor comes in the room and we greet each other. "How you doing?" he asks. "Well I could be at home watching Netflix but then here I am." I answer and he chuckles. "Oh well lucky for you the bullet didn't hit any nerves or anything so you can leave tomorrow." "Why can't I leave today?" "Because I'm keeping you over night and i have to make sure you okay cause your blood pressure is slightly higher than normal."

"Weren't you supposed to remove the bullet only not test my blood and all that stuff?" I ask. "You fainted when you arrived so I had to make sure that everything was okay." he answers. "Its fine I'll stay." "It's a doctor's order anyway so it was going to happen." I chuckle. "Okay then but do I need to do anything to get it back to normal?" "Don't stress and just take leave."

My dad barges in and the doctor was a bit shocked at the action. "Sorry for barging in like that i just had to make sure you still alive." says dad. My siblings and mom enter and i can't help but roll my eyes. All of these people failed me. "It's okay." says the doctor. "I'll check on you later then and eat the food they serve you." "I can't guarantee you about me eating the food." He chuckles and leaves.