Made life easier?

Amukelani's POV

"How much did you guys miss me on a scale of one to ten?" I ask. "We missed you 100 out of 10." says mom. "I didn't know I mean this much to you guys." "You do hawu. You are apart of our family." "Yah i know but sometimes you treat me like I'm not." "That's because you are problematic and hardly spend time with us." "But I did that before I left." "That's the only time you socialized with us."

My dad comes and sits down next to me. I put my feet on top of his lap and he puts them down. "You show me emotion yesterday now you detaching yourself from me." I say. "I ain't detaching myself from nobody." he says. "You telling me you running out of love for me." "No. I don't like people's feet on top of me. Have you seen how ugly your toes are?" "So much for not detaching."

"Uright?" he asks. (Are you okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena." I answer. (I'm good and you.)  "I'm okay." "What time are we leaving?" "6." "At least I'll take a nap vir die hele dag." (for the whole day.)  "Yes and make sure you wake up in time and get ready." "So where is your problematic daughter?" "Sitting next to me." "You know I'm not the only naughty one in this family." "I know but you the naughtiest amongst all five." "That is true but where is the other one."

"She said she is going to fetch umakoti wam." he says. (my daughter in law.). "How does it feel being a father in law?" I ask. "It feels very nice and i finally know that my kids have potential despite their mental health." "Wena eyakho iright na?" (Is yours okay.) "Mine has always been fine." "Uyafisa ukuthi iberight mara angeke iberight for as long as i live." (You wish it was okay but it will never be okay for as long as i live.) "Hence the setback I get from time to time." I laugh.

"No, but honestly speaking how do you feel about being a father in law?" I ask. "It feels nice and i have always been one cause i accepted her the minute she walked through that door squeezing Aphiwe's hand." he says. "Mother in law?" "It feels nice like your dad said I've always been one, it's just now its finalised." she says.

"So are you patiently waiting to gain a son in law?" I ask. "Ukhuluma ngo Asanda?" he asks and i nod. (Are you talking about Asanda?) "Noma ingafa lenja angeke ngibe nendaba naye." (Even if that dog dies i wouldn't care.) "The violence so early." "I don't like that guy phela he is using my daughter." "The same way she is using him for money." "I don't understand why she doesn't leave him cause its not like we are beggars." "Who knows she might consider us as beggars."

"I don't know what she sees in him." says mom. "The 'looks' and the money duh." I say. "Why don't we convince her to leave that guy?" asks dad. "The heart wants what it wants. Remember that time your family didn't like me cause i was Mexican but you stayed by my side through out the whole fights and all that." says mom. "Ohh wow you were once there." I say. "Yeah and it was hectic." "Finding myself in laws that like me."

"I'm not expecting any son in law from you but if you give us make sure he knows how to hold a gun cause i have no time for people that are scared or teaching them the basics." says dad. "I want a good guy." I say. "You ain't getting any good guy. Ngizomcosha maka fika la." (I'll chase him out when gets here.) "Human cruelty."

"Mara your dad is right. What are we gonna do with a guy who can't hold a gun or panicks when he sees one." says mom. "This is two against one so I won't win." I say. "Answer the question." "You guys are going to train him." "What if i want him to take over my turf?" "Your turf?" "Yes mine." "Mama you have a whole family in Mexico and Columbia that want that turf as much as we do."