Special Treatment?

Amukelani's POV

I wake up and do my morning routine and decide to wear red formal pants with a black long sleeve shirt and a red blazer and matching heels. I put on a bit of make up and tie my butterfly locs into a low bun and lay my edges. I take a few pictures and go to the kitchen.

I make myself an omelette and sit on the bar stools and eat. After eating i wash my plate and take my stuff and leave. I drive off to work and go straight to my office. Jessica brings my iced cappuccino and i thank her.

"Do i have meetings after court?" I ask. "You have a meeting with a new client." she says. "Who is this client and what did they do?" "This person's name is Khayelihle Khumalo and he is arrested for human trafficking and sexual assault." "Jessica you know i draw the line when it comes to those two things."

"He said that he isn't guilty." she says. "Let me meet him first and I'll ask him, if he says he did it then I'll have to back off cause i don't do such cases." I say. "Okay. You meeting him at 14:00." "Okay. Anything else?" "Nope. I'll let you know when its time to leave." I nod.

I start working and Jessica calles me when it is  time to leave. This court case is so dragging and annoying cause the judge needs to make a desicion soon. It's not like there is enough evidence to prove that he 'committed' the crime. Please note the single quotation marks used on committed.

I get inside the car and we drive off to court. "Do you think the judge might make the desicion soon or he would want to prolong the case." asks Michelle. "I honestly don't know but I want him to make a desicion cause I'm so over with this case." I answer. "Whatever happens just had to happen." says Kuhle and we chuckle. "Not you quoting Big Sean." says Jessica.

"I'm a fan." he says. "Of him or some of his songs?" I ask. "His songs but the nicest one is I Know with him and Jhene." "She carried that whole song." "I know you've been, I know you've been going through some things you can't explain." says Michelle. "Aha." I say. "Enough big sean and jhene and more enthusiasm that we going to win this case."

"If we win this case I am definitely buying myself a bottle of fine aged wine." I say. "Here I was thinking you going to start looking for a guy you going to settle down with." says Jessica. "Nicki Minaj once said: 'The night is still young and so are we' so commitment is unnecessary." We laugh.

We get to court and wear our gowns before we get out of the car. We get out of the car and the paparazzi are at it again. We see Manqoba and his family getting inside and the paparazzi are bothering them. These people need to take a break sometimes.

We greet each other and sit down at our designated seats. "How are you?" asks Manqoba. "As you can see I am surviving and breathing the same oxygen as you are." I say and he chuckles. "All rise." says the policewoman. We all stand up and the judge walks in. "Case number 224466. Motuang vs Vilakazi. You may sit down."

We all sit down. She gives the judge the docket. "Can we bring in Ziyanda Dlamini's friend to the stand." says the judge. She stands up and walks to the stand. She puts her hand on the bible. "Do you promise to speak the truth, nothing but the truth so help me God." says the policewoman. "I promise." she says. "Prosecutor." Kananelo stands up.

"May you introduce yourself to the court and tell us what you do for a living." says Kananelo. "My name is Sisanda Zondi and i am a waitress at a cafe." she says. I said this once and I'm saying it again these people are paid. Why would a waitress bring down a whole businessman thats in the mafia? She must enjoy her salary while it lasts cause knowing Manqoba these people will go missing and that may include the lawyer.