Bonding?

Amukelani's POV

"Are you okay?" asks Jessica. "Yes i am. I'm just tired." I answer. I'm far from okay that virtual meeting drained me. The fact that they threw me under the lion's den without a second thought shows how much I mean to them. But I usually do the seduction whenever we go to war so I shouldn't be surprised. The only thing that bothers me is that these people are dangerous.

We were chilling in the living room watching  Netflix while eating popcorn. "So darling have you been to the gynecologist." I ask. "Yes and I'm 8 weeks now. The baby is healthy." she answers."I can't believe you come here and become a mother." We chuckle. "I know."

"Aunty Amu." says Slindo. "Yeah?" I ask. "Can I join you guys." "Yeah it's fine come sit in between us." I make space for her and she sits down and watches with us. She moves closer to me and rests her head on my arm. She is so adorable. "What's the movie about?" asks Slindo. "It's about a couple that goes on vacation and they end up being chased by killers." answers Jessica. "Okay. Are the bad people going to die." "I'm not sure but hopefully they do die."

We continue watching the movie but i end up losing interest so I take out my phone and watch tik tok. Slindo asked more questions about the movie and Jessica got annoyed because she couldn't hear a thing so she stands up and leaves. Hormones.

"Why did Auntie Jessi leave?" asks Slindo. "She is not feeling okay so she went to go take a nap." I answer. "You have pretty eyes." "Thank you." Who knew a child could make me smile and blush. When a child compliments you I know they truly mean it. "And you are a beautiful girl." "Thank you. Can I watch cartoons?" "Sure." I take the remote and look for nice cartoons and put them on.

I go put the bowl in the kitchen and pour myself a glass of red wine. I go back and sit in the living room and continue watching tik tok. "I see you two are bonding." says Michelle. "And how exactly are we bonding cause one is on her phone and the other is watching tv." I ask. "It's still some form of bonding." "Hai suka unehaba." She laughs.  (You are overexargarating.)

She sits next to Slindo and starts asking her questions about the cartoon. "Can I ask a serious question." says Michelle. "I don't like this serious question of yours." I say. "I promise it's not that big but it is big." "Just ask." "Slindo where is your mother?" I choke on my wine. "Are you okay?" I start coughing violently and Michelle brings me a glass of water. I drink the water and thank her.

"If you wanted to kill me we should have went outside." I say.  "I am no killer." says Michelle.  "My mommy is somewhere in the world." answers Slindokuhle. "Like what do you mean somewhere in the world?" "Michelle she is four." "I'm trying to bond with her." "Bond with her by playing games or watch TV not ask serious life questions." "Slindo come here." says Kuhle. "Ngiyeza."(I'm coming.) She stands up and she runs to her dad.

"Michelle don't do that if you want to know where her mother is ask me I will answer you honestly." says Kuhlekonke. "I'm sorry. Curiosity got the best of me." says Michelle. "Her mother is still alive she just abandoned her." "Okay." He takes Slindo and they go outside. Michelle and her inquisitiveness. Is it just a lawyer thing to be this inquisitive?

I give her an 'i told you so' look and she rolls her eyes. "Child i was curious. Aren't you curious some times in life." says Michelle. "I am curious but i don't go around asking children things unless it has anything to do with them." I say. "Don't give me that look then." "Fine. But I told you that you shouldn't ask such questions to a child."