We need to talk?

Amukelani's POV

I feel better after having that talk with my grandmother. Even though she didn't give me any advice, the conversation made me realise that i need to focus and stop letting these feelings get in my head otherwise I'll become mentally unstable, which I already am but I don't want to make matters worse.

I go back downstairs and i go to the kitchen and sit at the bar stools. "So you didn't curse your father out?" asks mom. "No don't worry even though he can be like his favourite daughter I shall never cuss him."  I answer. "Where do you get this thing that Asanda is his favourite daughter?" "Wow mama you want me to take you down a trip on memory lane again."

"He also loves you." she says. "I never said he doesn't love me I'm just saying that Asanda is dad's favourite child." I say. "I wonder who told you that but anyways." "Actions speak louder than words mi hermosa mamá you of all people should know that by now." She sighs. "Do you think I have any favourites?" "Yes it's Asanda you just keep it subtle unlike your novio."

"Sthembiso is your novio and your father is my husband." she says. "No need to get defensive...I'm sorry if I'm coming across as disrespectful but that's how I really feel." I say and raise my hands in surrender. "Whatever." "I'm tired of you guys making me feel guilty for feelings this way when we all know that the treatment between me and Asanda isn't the same."

"Amukelani.." "No I'm honestly tired and i won't stand for this. I've been quiet my whole life and you still want me to be quiet. Why do you think I was so quick to accept the case and move so I can get away from you guys." I say. "I'm sorry." "Don't apologize now. You only saying it because I highlighted your wrongs not that you actually feel sorry."

"I am sorry. I never realized how much it affected you until now." says mom. "Yeah right..did your mom have any favorites amongst the girls?" I ask. "No." "So why are you guys treating us like this? You are the reason why me and Asanda have a messed up relationship because you condone her actions and crucify me instead of disciplining us equally." "Amu.." "Save it mamá I don't care."

I stand up and walk to the living room and plop myself on the couch. "What's going on?" asks Abuela. "Nothing. Have you met Ayanda's novia?" I ask. "Yes I did." "How is she and what do you think about her?"

"I like her a lot. She is humble and very respectful and i can see she makes Ayanda happy because I've never seen my grandson that happy in any of his last relationships and that's all that matters to me..I don't care who his dating as long as that person makes him happy then I'm happy." she answers. "Just so you know I met her before you guys." I say. "He told us."

"Does she accept our lifestyle?" I ask. "Yeah she does accept that we in the mafia and all that stuff and she promised not to tell anyone I'm just glad she's not jud..judgemental." she answers. "I'm glad then. Did she have a baby shower?" "Yeah she did and it was so pretty." "How long have you been here?" "Over a month now." "You know i wish I was there for this baby shower. I feel like a bad tìa."

"Don't feel bad mi niño you already a good aunt cause you were the first one to know about both pregnancies and either way you have a job so like yeah you wouldn't have been able to come." she asks. "But at least i should witness the birth of this one to lessen the guilt." "Don't worry she looks ready to pop anytime." I smile.

My dad rushes to the living room. "Guys lets go Ayanda's baby is almost here." he says in a panicked tone. "Baba you have three grandkids why are you panicking now." I say. "His always been like this even with you guys." says Abuela. "Didn't know you were a scaredy cat." "Ngzokushaya wena mtana."(I'll beat you up.)  "Ohh I'm so scared right now." "Enough fighting and let's go."