Retail therapy?

Amukelani's POV

I wake up and go to the bathroom and do my business and brush my teeth. When I'm done i make my bed and go downstairs and make breakfast. It's time I go shopping so that I can buy clothes that scream she is the boss and the moment. Most of the clothes I have is what I would wear as an attorney but now I'm a mixture of boss and attorney.

I find Kuhle making himself coffee. We greet each other and i open the fridge and take a bottle of water and drink it. I sit down next to him and sigh. "Unjani?" asks Kuhle. (How are you?) "Ngiyaphila wena." I answer. (I'm good and you.) "I'm good. Are you ready for next week?" "I sort of am. I'm just having mixed emotions but one thing I know for sure is that I'm excited about it."

"Thats good. How much was the bail hearing?" he asks. "R150K." I answer and he chuckles. "Rich people shall always be taxed when they get arrested." "It's a quick cash kind of business futhi izikoloto zabo ziningi." We chuckle. (their debts are too much.) "Nami I should work on bail hearings so I can be rich." We laugh.

"Do you know when is the date for Manqoba?" I ask. "30 April at 12:00." he answers. "At least we have enough time. What are they bringing to the table?" "They have an eyewitness to prove that Manqoba is the one that killed the victim. They also going to bring a forensic pathologist for the autopsy report. We shall find out if there is any DNA evidence on the body or around the crime scene."

"Hopefully it isn't that useful if there is any." I say. "But we have to meet with him sometime next week. I'll set up an appointment for us then I'll tell you when it is." he says. "Sure." "Knowing Kananelo he sure does have some type of proof to take us back to square one because he isn't an amateur." "Unfortunately they gave this case to a smart one and we have to bring our A game." "I'm always up for the challenge." He smiles.

After finishing my water I throw the bottle in the recycling bin and i start making breakfast. We all take turns to cook and today its my turn. "I doubt that you can cook." he says. "Oh really. Who do you think made those pancakes yesterday." I say. "You made them?" I nod. "I won't lie they were really good."

"I know I mean I am a chef after all." I say and we chuckle. "I trust you to not poison me because I'm still alive after the breakfast." he says and i laugh. I throw the dishcloth at him and he manages to duck it. "Udlala ngami." (You are playing with me.) "Don't take it personal I was just joking." He chuckles and i roll my eyes. "Apologies for offending you." "Yeah whatever."

Michelle comes downstairs and greets us. "What are you making for breakfast?" she asks. "English breakfast." I answer. "Finally we living the life of the rich." "Trust me babes I will hook you up with them." "Sizozwa ngawe." (We will hear from you.) She makes herself coffee and sits down on the bar stool.

"Is Jessica still alive?" I ask. "We don't know but i think she is going through something." answers Michelle. "I'll check up on her when I'm done cooking." "Hopefully she is okay." says Kuhle. After making breakfast I set up the table and go upstairs to check up on Jessica.

I knock on the door and i hear a faint come in and i enter. I see her laying on the bed with used tissues next to her. It looks like she was crying. I walk up to her and pull her in for a hug. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I broke up with my boyfriend." answers Jessica. Wakhala kangaga ke ugal? Let me not judge her what if it's bad. (Why is she crying this much though?)