Why me?

Amukelani's POV

I wake up and do my morning routine and wear my black dress thats above my knees with spaghetti straps. I wear black block heels and tie my hair into a high bun and lay my edges. I don't know what i was thinking partying on a Sunday. I am so tired and i wanna go sleep but i have to go and pack my stuff at the office. I am also having a farewell party there. My liver is going to die because of this consistent partying.

I have already started packing my bags but I will finish with that when I come back from work. Our plane is boarding first thing tomorrow morning so I need to be done by 06:30 and get to the airport around 07:00. I go downstairs to my office and take my bags and i walk to the kitchen and make myself cereals. Once I'm finished I take my stuff and head to work.

I get to work and I'm greeted by the forever smiling receptionist. "Babes!" I exclaim. "Look whose  smiling today." she says and i chuckle. "I am leaving tomorrow and I'm really excited for the next chapter of my life." "I wish i was going with you. Who am i going to cheer in the mornings." "Get in my suitcase boo so you can continue doing that." "Of course." We chuckle.

"I shall see you when its time for the party." I say. "Mwah." She blows kisses at me and i do the same. I go to my office and the P.A was already there with my iced cappuccino.

"Hey." I greet. "My favourite person." she says and we chuckle. "I know. Look at me." I do a little twirl and she laughs. I sit down and thank her for my cappuccino. I take a sip and moan a little bit. The coldness leaves goosebumps on my skin.

"Are you okay?" she asks. "I am okay and excited like when have you seen me being enthusiastic on a Monday." I ask. "Never." "Are you ready to leave?" "Yes. I am so excited to leave Joburg and embark on a new adventure. I've been here my whole life so its time for a change." "Me too and maybe we might find better spieces there to rave about." We laugh.

"You have no meetings today you are packing up the files of your clients and just tidying up the office. I can come and help you if you want." she says. "Okay. No, don't worry I'll be okay but if I'm  struggling i will let you know." I say and she nods. "Sure let me get going." She stands up and leaves.

After she leaves I go through my files to make sure that everything is okay. After going through them I pack them nicely in the boxes from A-Z. I hardly had any furnishings in this office so there is nothing much to pack. I sit down once I'm done with the files and i take my phone and check for any messages.

I see a message from Kuhlekonke telling me to come to the boardroom. I fix my dress and go downstairs. I get there and i see balloons and champagne glasses. I didn't think they would go all out for me, or let me say us because Kuhlekonke is leaving too but I appreciate the effort they have put to this.

I get inside and all eyes are on me. For the first time i feel shy. They all start applauding and I'm just showing off my teeth and trying to hide the blush that's coating my cheeks. I walk over to Mihlali and hug her.

"Awusemhle sthandwa sami." she says. (You are so beautiful my love.) "Thank you love. You look gorgeous yourself." I say. "Look at Mr. Ngcobo starring." "Senior or Junior?" "Junior of course. Are you into old people now." "Everybody has a type." "Trying something new I see." We laugh.

Kuhle walks to us and i can't help but smile. I hope I get over this boy crush soon because it bothers me that I'm entertaining a man this much who probably has no interest in me whatsoever. He greets the both of us and kisses our hands. His a gentleman...hubby material. Now that his in close proximity I realise he smells amazing.