Heartbreak Anniversary?

Amukelani's POV

"Amu?" he says. "Hi Khumo." I've never been so bored in my life. My day was going okay I kind of made a move on my crush and now I have to deal with him. The universe has truly forsaken me straight. "Long time no see." "Yeah. I gotta go i have things to do."

I turn around and push the trolley but he grabs my arm. "Are you deaf?" I ask. "No. I just feel like we need to talk." he answers. "Talk about what exactly?" "About us." "There is nothing to talk about. We had that session many years ago and now you want to bring it up cause you saw me." "Its not like that. I didn't get the closure i wanted and needed." "Its over between us bye."

"Why did you leave me?" he asks. "I told you mos. Don't come here pulling the 'closure' speech knowing very damn well i told you everything." I say. "But what we had was good." "And sometimes good things come to an end." "Don't be like that." "Be like what?" "Can we sit down and talk?" "I am busy Khumo i don't have time for such." "Please Amu." "Khumo just leave me alone. Go get a wife or something to keep you busy." He sighs.

"You lied to me when you said you needed to focus on your schoolwork and that you didn't want distractions." he says. "I wasn't lying. It was part of the truth." I say. It wasn't necessarily a lie but i had to say that or break this poor guy's heart even further and i couldn't do that.

"Did you ever love me?" he asks. "Haibo. You were my first love Khumo. I gave you everything. Its just that i had to get my priorities straight." I answer. "And that made you break up with me?" "Bingo." "What was the real reason?" "You want to know?" "Yeah."

I wouldn't want to embarrass the poor guy in public so let me rather finish buying groceries and we go to a restuarant and talk it out in a secluded area.  "Okay let me finish buying first then I'll meet you at Spur." I say. "You won't ditch me." he asks. "No its time i give you the real reason." "I'll see you at Spur." "Please find a secluded area." "No problem."

I finish buying my groceries and i put them in the car and walk to Spur to talk to him. Me breaking up with him made me realise I'm not one for commitment. That's my biggest fear and he wanted that and i couldn't give it to him. And my feelings for him ended abruptly and I'm still trying to figure out why till this day.

I get inside and find him sitting by the smoking area. At least he listened. I sit down and the waiter asks us what drinks we want and i order a glass of water. Its not like i am staying here for a long time.

The waiter comes back and we thank him. "Are you ordering a meal?" asks the waiter. "No I'll be good." I answer. "No." says Khumo. "Okay thanks. Call me when you need anything." We both nod. and he leaves. "What was the reason?" "Just know that if you hurt me I'll hurt you back." "Just talk!" Iyohh so much authority.

"The reason why i broke up with you was that my feelings for you just ended abruptly and you wanted commitment and that was not something I was willing to give to you at that time. The school work was a contributing factor but the main reason was that i stopped loving you." I say. "What do you mean by stopped loving me?"

"My feelings ended Khumo and i couldn't keep pretending like I'm in love with you when I'm not. I don't know why or how they ended but they did. I'm also not one for commitment that's not something I'm willing to get myself into." I say. "Wow." he says. "I'm sorry but it's the truth. I didn't want to break your heart at that time."