Regret your desicion?

Amukelani's POV

"We hereby find the defendant Athenkosi Biyela guilty of transporting illegal goods outside of the country. He will be sentenced to 15 years with no possibility of parole." says the judge. He hits the gavel and stands up and leaves. Athenkosi sighs.

He was bound to go to jail cause the evidence was overwhelming. His just lucky that he isn't staying in jail for more than 15 years. "I'm sorry." I say. "No its okay. You did tell me to leave room for disappointment cause the evidence is overwhelming." he says. "But at least we were able to reduce your life sentence." He nods.

"Thanks for helping me. You sure are the best defense attorney and continue doing the good job you are doing." he says. "Ngiyabonga. I also enjoyed defending you cause at least you aren't arrogant and all that nonsense." I say and he chuckles. (Thank you.) "Enjoy life in prison and maybe study something." "Yeah I will."

The police come and handcuff  him and take him away. I feel sad that i lost his case but like I said the evidence was too much. I'm just glad that he got a short sentence. Anyways in life you win some and lose some and this is one of those days.

We walk out and the paparazzi are asking if his guilty. "He is guilty of his charges. The evidence against him was overwhelming and he was sentenced to 15 years without the possibility of parole." I say. Me and Tintswalo get inside the car and drive off to buy lunch.

"Does it hurt when you lose a case?" she asks. "Yeah it does hurt sometimes but in life you don't always get what you want." I answer. "How was it like losing your first case?" "It hurt so much cause I thought i was prepared and that the verdict will come back not guilty but you know it didn't go quite as planned but then i took that loss and learned from my mistakes."

"Is that how you became one of the best in the country?" she asks. "Yeah. You are bound to make mistakes in the beginning but you learn from it. I saw that maybe I wasn't supposed to start doing it on my own so I continued being an assistant until I felt like i was ready and i tried to see where I went wrong and took it from there." I answer.

"The way you so good you'd swear you never lost a case." she says. "I actually lost a lot of cases its just that now that I'm better it doesn't look as bad as it used to. The difference between the number of cases I won and lost is probably like five or six." I say. "So nami i must prepare for loss." "Yeah it's just like medicine. It hurts losing your patient but it will get better over time."

We get to KFC and buy dunked wings and two twister meals with juice. I drive back to work and i go straight to my office.

I'm glad that I'm back in Durban cause it feels like home. I know I missed Joburg but I actually feel more comfortable here than when I'm there...is it because the environment is nice or a person is here...let's not start now its too early for the games that you trying to play...

I hear a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. Jessica comes in with a pram. Ohh I'm about to meet another baby. "Heyy." I greet. "Hey uright?" she asks. (Are you okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena."(I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) I stand up and we hug each other. I bend and take the baby out of the pram.

"He is so cute and he looks strong and healthy for a NICU baby." I say. "Yeah the doctors said he is a very strong baby." she says. "That's good. Wena have you healed?" "Yes I have." "Hi aunty's baby you are so cute. I'm glad you've outgrown the dough stage." "What dough stage?" "Babies look ugly when they are born." She rolls her eyes.