Meant to be?

Amukelani's POV

"When are you going to visit my daughter?" asks Kuhle. I'm currently sitting with Kuhle in his office having lunch and catching up as friends. Please note the key word friends. "I'm going to visit her this coming weekend. I'm no longer busy and i have all the time in the world but I will confirm Friday." I answer. "You guys broke up?" "No I'm not linking up with him." "Mesengisho."

"How has life been for you?" I ask. "It's been okay you know. The work is overloading." he answers. "No girlfriend on the side." "I don't have time for girlfriends." "Is your baby mama still living with you guys?" "No she moved out we just co-parenting. I had a nice talk with her and established our relationship." "That's nice."

"Yeah and we also moved out of the mansion cause Michelle ended up moving out and i wasn't about to live in a big mansion all alone." he says. "So many things have changed." I say. "Yeah things have changed including things in your life." "You ain't wrong about that part." He chuckles. "So how is your boyfriend?" "I don't like you asking me about him."

"I'm just checking up on the guy's wellbeing." he says. "I can send you his phone number and call him so you can check how he is." I say. "Don't be like that." "Uright yena." (He is okay.) "He isn't treating you badly right?" "No he treats me well." "You should tell me should he ever off ramp." "I will tell you and then at least you can try do something about it." "Yeah."

"So has your baby mama forgiven me or in this case moved on from her jealousy?" I ask. "I haven't talked to her about you ever since that disastrous meeting. I don't want to start an unnecessary fight with her." he answers. "Am I permitted to see your daughter?" "Yeah you are." "Okay at least we don't have to sneak her out." We chuckle.

"Have you met Jessica's baby?" I ask. "Yeah I have he is a little cutie." he answers. "At least he has outgrown the ugly stage cause I wasn't ready to tell her the baby ain't all that." He chuckles. "But babies are cute from the day they are born." "Nope Kuhlekonke don't lie. Babies aren't cute when they born overtime they become cute." He chuckles.

"Clearly asiboni ngokufana njengabantu." he says and i chuckle. (We don't see the same as people.) "Of course for beauty is in the eye of the beholder and i as the beholder don't find babies cute." I say and we chuckle. I stand up and throw the empty containers in the bin and I go to the bathroom and wash my hands and wipe them with the towel.

"Let me get back to my office some of us make money for a living." I say. "You talking as if I'm an unemployed person. he says. "Nah man I don't mean it like that. What I mean is that running a law firm while being an attorney isn't easy." "I know but are you coping?" "Yeah I am coping and I'm actually enjoying it cause it's giving me a chance to learn about business a bit." "Tell me if it gets too much." "No i won't." He chuckles.

"Go back to work boss lady." he says. "My name is Amukelani Mngomezulu not boss lady." I say and he chuckles and i roll my eyes. "I shall see you during the week and actually confirm my date with your daughter this weekend." "No problem." "Sharp." I go back to my office and continue with my work.

£

"Mtasekhaya you called me." I say. "I had to check up on the prodigal child." says Aphiwe. "Oh well the prodigal child is alive and doing average I guess." "Why average and not good?" "I would be doing good if I didn't have to play pretend house with a certain someone." He chuckles.