Enemy?

Sthembiso's POV

After dropping the phone i place it back on its holder and sigh. Amukelani Mngomezulu is representing me and i have no say whatsoever. I can't change her because she is one good attorney and i know that we do stand a huge chance at winning this case with her on my side. Why not Kuhlekonke Ngcobo at least he is not my enemy.

Now I have to deal with the fact that my attorney who is representing me is also my number one enemy because her family is trying to take my family down. What was my dad thinking choosing her to represent me in court? The pros outweigh the cons in this situation and i have no choice but to accept that she is my lawyer. Could this be one of her family's plans to attack us?

I hear the guards open the buglar and i see my brothers and parents walk in and sit down. "Baba Amukelani Mngomezulu had to be my attorney out of all people in this country you had to choose her?" I ask. "She is the best attorney in this country and Kuhlekonke will not be taking new cases for the next few weeks because he just moved here and is taking over the firms." I sigh and nod.

"What happened?" asks dad. "I was driving back to my house and they stopped me and arrested me." I answer. "Usizo lizotholakala futhi sakavumile." (You will get help plus she already agreed.)  "What if this is apart of their plan to take over from us?" "They are not the ones that Thabiso was working for. It so happened to be a coincidence that she moves here and you end up in jail." "Okay."

"What ulterior motive is Sthembiso talking about?" asks mom. "The Mngomezulu's are after us." answers dad. "Why?" "We also don't know." "It can't be for territory purposes though because they have their own big empire." says Sbongakonke. "So you think they are also behind your arrest?" "They could be we can never be too sure." I answer.

"Its just a mere coincidence and you have to accept that she is here to stay unless you want to spend the rest of your life in jail please tell me now we will leave you here and continue with life." says dad. "No it's fine. I wouldn't want to give those shareholders another reason to win." I say. "Good now accept that she is your attorney and will be representing you end of story."

"Don't worry look at the bright side at least you will get out of here very soon." says SimphiweyiNkosi. I hum in agreement. "Mara nawe ihaba engaga." says dad. (Why the exaggeration.)  "I have every right to be angry phela you said her and her family are trying to take over our territory." "Valid reason but still no need for the theatrics." I mentally roll my eyes.

We sit in silence for a few minutes before we see the security guard open the burglar and she walks in and greets all of us and i introduce her to my family and she sits next to me. She is wearing a black pencil skirt with a matching blazer and a white shirt with black heels. I'm not one to hand out compliments to enemies but she looks beautiful in that outfit even though it's just a work attire still she makes it beautiful.

♡◇♡◇
♤♧♤♧

Amukelani's POV

After receiving that call and googling him I switch off my phone and place it on the nightstand and wait for room service. Why didn't they choose somebody else. There are plenty of good lawyers like Ngcobo, Nkosi and Madonsela just to name a few but they had to choose me, their enemy. Is there some sort of hidden agenda or is it pure coincidence that we are in the situation we are right now.

There is a knock on the door and i open it and tip the server and take the food from her I walk back to bed and sit down and start eating. The way i was so famished i finished the food in under ten minutes. I stand up and walk to the bathroom and it looks really nice. The shower is spacious and has several shower heads. I do my business and walk back to the room.

Should i help Sthembiso or let him rot in jail? I'm not in the mood to interact with my enemy/ies or have some type of relationship with him whether it be personal or work related. Are they really my enemies or is it because we going to start a war that could result in us dead? I have never had a problem with him or his family and we aren't rude whenever we see each other which is at the gala so they aren't necessarily my enemies.

I take my toiletries and go take a nice long shower. After showering I lotion my body and wear a black pencil skirt with a matching blazer and a white shirt with black heels. I let my hair be free and i put on light make up. I walk to Kuhlekonke's room to ask to borrow the car. I knock on the door and he opens it. At least he is wearing something appropriate.

"Where you going looking this formal?" asks Kuhle. "Well I got myself a new case." I answer. "Who?" "Sthembiso Khoza." "And you just got here." "I know i thought I was gonna go party to welcome myself but no I have work cut out for me." He chuckles. "Shame. Maybe next time. What do you need?" "A car."

"Ask one of the guards to give you the keys and tell them I sent you if they want to dispute it." he says. "Okay thanks." I say. "No problem."  He closes the door and i sigh a sigh of relief. After what happened at the party with the growing tension it has been difficult to be in his presence for a long time. I walk to the parking lot and i approach one of the guards that escorted us to the hotel and ask to borrow the car and he lends me the keys and i thank him.

I get inside the car and drive off to the station he is being held at. I get there and i ask them to see Sthembiso Khoza. They take me to his holding cell and i see his whole family there. Why me? If only i had a time machine. I mentally prepare myself for drama and ask the guard to open up for me. Me representing him will change my life either for the worse or the worst no in between.

I get inside and greet everyone. He formally introduces me to everyone and i smile politely. I sit down on the only chair available which is next to him. Revolting. I don't hate the person its just that we currently on a war path with his family and here I am helping him get out so he can get the chance to kill me. Beautiful story and ending right...I know not a happy ending we all hope for.

"I haven't taken a proper look at your case yet but when i get home I will do that. But I gathered enough information to know what it is about and your bail hearing is on Thursday." I say. "So i have to spend two nights here." says Sthembiso.  "Unfortunately yes unless you planning to escape jail and be a fugitive on the run." "Fine."

"Before I continue and decide to represent you in court. Are you guilty or not guilty of the charges against you?" I ask. "Why does it matter?" asks Siphelele. "It matters because obviously I am lying so you don't spend the rest of your life in jail. Honesty between client and lawyer is the backbone of any criminal case. I'll have ideas on what the prosecutor will ask along with evidence and witnesses of the crime. After assessing the information then I'll have to come up with the plan to make sure he doesn't die in prison. He looks too good to die there anyways."

"What a nice compliment." says Sthembiso. "I know probably the last time you hear me being this nice unless we get along very well." I say. "Very smart. You know your answers." says Sbongakonke. "Thanks. I have to know my story if I want to be successful right?" "Right."

"To answer your question i did do those things. The trafficking and the murder." says Sthembiso. "And you were stupid to leave evidence." I ask. "No." I get a message and its from Judge Kgwane who usually fills me in on certain cases I take and gives me extra information that might help. He tells me that this was an anonymous tip off and i thank him.

I put my phone away and sigh. "Well good for you but the bad news is that you have a mole in your group. Somebody tipped the police off and that's how they arrested you. I'm not sure if there was evidence on the body but yeah basically thats it. You were sold out." I say.

"Shit." "Who do you think it could be?" I ask. "I'm not sure yet there is no one that comes to mind as off yet." answers Sthembiso. "Make sure you are careful about who you share the information with then because they will use that against you and i don't want to lose because of your loose mouth." Siphelele chuckles. "That won't happen don't worry." I nod.

"I'll come on Thursday for the hearing. I don't know when the time is but I'll let your dad know." I say. "Thanks." says Sthembiso. "Enjoy your days in jail." I stand up and say my goodbyes and leave. This is about to be an interesting few months in Durban but I'm up for the ride...