Free man?

Sthembiso's POV

Starring at the stars kind of reminds me why i love nature. I've always been fascinated about nature but never had the time to research or find out more information. The favourite part of my job is finding beautiful sites that i can visit and all that.

I pour myself another glass of scotch and down it in one go. The firey sensation makes the scotch even nicer. I take a smoke of my cigar and create a pattern when I exhale it.

My life right now is not okay. Physically I'm okay but emotionally and mentally I'm average. I know some people's pain is way worse than mine which is why i choose not to feel sad or angry about the shit that i go through. I call it invalidation of my pain.

I never had new years resolutions or all that but i always hope to have a good year and enjoy life and take each day as it comes but I didn't expect my life to turn out like this.

I never expected to get betrayed by a person i loved or my enemies even close cause they trying to knock me and my family down. To other people that may not sound so bad but to me it is because its my life but since i have the tendency to invalidate my pain I hardly ever do a check up to make sure how I am.

Enough self introspection and back to my fucked up reality. I finish smoking the cigar and when I'm done i go back inside my house. I put the scotch away and i go straight to bed. Tomorrow is another day where I pretend like I'm okay when I'm not.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
After the meeting I go back to the office and take my car keys. I tell my PA to cancel the rest of my meetings and appointments for today. I take my stuff and go to my car. I get inside and drive off to Amu's workplace.

I'm trying to look like the caring boyfriend even though what i would rather do is torture the information out of her. I'm glad she isn't putting as much effort as me cause the less time we spend together the better.

I have some questions why she distances herself from this relationship but I'm going to assume that she hasn't been in a relationship in a while so its still new and she is trying to adjust to this whole new thing.

I pass by Nandos and buy us full chicken with chips, rolls and green salad. I also buy cooldrink. I get to work and i go to her office. I knock on the door and she tells me to come in.

"Oh hey." she greets. "Uright." I ask. (Are you okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena."(I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) "Hi." says Kuhlekonke. "Unjani." (How are you?) "Ngiyaphila." (I'm good.) "We'll catch up later on." "Okay. I'll fetch her this weekend." she says. "I'll tell her then." She nods and he leaves.

"Who are you ditching me for?" I ask. "His daughter. She misses me so I thought i should spend time with her this weekend." she says. "How old is she?" "4." If you feeling jealous don't worry she isn't any competition." "Why would I be jealous of a 4 year old?" "I could tell you annoyed so don't be I'll make it up to you."

"Here's some food." I say. "Thank you. It's like you knew I'm hungry." she says and smiles. She can use that smile to win me over anytime. "The relationship between you and food is kind of intimidating me." "It's good but it can't compare to you." I chuckle.