Way bigger than we thought?

Amukelani's POV

I wake up and do my morning routine and decide to wear a black plain lace crop top and tropical print wide leg pants with a black blazer and matching heels. It's a Friday so I'm just dressing casually. I let my braids be free and i lay my edges. I take my stuff and go downstairs.

I get there and make myself cereals and sit in the living room and watch TV. I woke up late so everybody is gone. After eating i wash my bowl and put it in the cupboard. I take my keys and leave. I get inside my car and drive to work.

I get to work and go straight to my office. Jessica sees me walking in and she brings my iced cappuccino. She is always ready with it and i like that. I thank her and sit down.

"Any meetings?" I ask. "You have a meeting at 12:30 with Sthembiso and after that you will be meeting with Manqoba at 13:15." she answers. "Okay thank you." She sighs and sits down. "Uright?" (Are you okay?) "Nope."

"What's wrong?" I ask. "His back." she answers. "Whose back?" "Baby daddy." "Oh. When did he get here?" "Yesterday. He called me this morning and told me he was this side and he would like for us to meet up and talk about things." "And wena what did you say?" "I said okay."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask. "It's a 50/50 situation." she says. "You want to go but at the same time you scared." "Yes." "When is the meeting?" "13:30." "I'll go with you." "No you don't have to." "Look I don't trust that guy one bit and you know how gender based violence is rising so I wouldn't want to risk it." "His never been abusive."

"I'm not saying that he is abusive. Phela you the one that said he will only be apart of the child's life if you become his second wife. What if you guys meet up and he decides to kidnap you? I don't want another PA." I say. "It makes sense but you don't have to be my bodyguard." she says. "I'll sit at a distance and if i see things are becoming hectic then I'll intervene." "You not taking no for an answer." "Yes." "Fine."

"We don't know what his capable of? Maybe you do and i don't but people change in a blink of an eye." I say. I unfortunately learnt that the hard way. "Yah. I get you. We'll go then but then your meetings don't take 15 minutes." she says. "Nothing wrong with coming fashionably late." "So is fashionably late maternity jeans and an oversized t-shirt?" "Maybe, maybe not."

"I forgot to tell you, you look nice today." she says. "Thank you. You also look nice with your maternity jeans and an oversized t-shirt." I say. "There is nothing extravagant with my outfit." "If you want help with clothes you can call my sister." "The one you hate?" "Hate is a very strong word. I like her she is my older sister."

"Darling that's not what you said the other time when you were annoyed at what she did." she says. "I was venting it doesn't mean I hated her." I say. "Wow I believe you." "Of course you should. Don't your siblings annoy you from time to time?" "They do." "Exacle." She laughs.

"I just wanna say thank you for being there for me during the pregnancy and for coming with me during the ultrasound visits." she says. "I consider you my little sister so yeah no problem." I say. "Such a nice person." "When i want to." "You should spread this kindness more often." "Pigs will be flying when that happens." She laughs.

"Let me leave you alone." she says. "Okay." I say. She stands up and leaves and i start working. I check the time and its 12:00. Exactly thirty minutes before they arrive here. I hope he doesn't come with his brothers otherwise I'll be annoyed.

Thirty minutes later i get a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. He comes in with his brothers and i fight the urge to roll my eyes. Don't worry its just a couple of minutes and the trauma is over...and there will be more meetings where you will be saying the same things..why did i agree to represent him..money