Nostalgic?

Amukelani's POV

"Let me go cause your meeting is about to begin." says Jessica. "Toodles." I say. She laughs and takes her stuff and leaves. I start preparing my meeting with Gugu. A few minutes later i hear a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. She walks in with her sister and we greet each other and they sit down.

"Your case is coming up soon. The prosecutor is bringing the mastermind behind this whole thing and she will testify against you." I say. "Look can i tell you something." says Gugu. "I'm listening." "I want to plead guilty cause there is nothing I can do to try and hide it."

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I ask. "Yes I have thought about it and yes I want to do it. If i was serious about life i wouldn't have listened to them and do this thing. I already have a job and i was stupid to listen to them and do it because now I'm jobless." she says. "We can do that but then we can offer them a deal so you don't spend a lot of years in jail while the others get to live their life lavishly."

"What deal are you going to offer?" she asks. "We are willing to plead guilty and you testify against the people that you worked with so you can all get the same time in jail." I say. "That doesn't sound bad." says Siyamthanda.

"But then I don't mind sitting in prison." says Gugu. "It's fine but you can't go down alone without doing anything about it." I say. "Yes that's fine." "I don't want you to go down without me fighting for you a bit." "I understand." "So you doing this?" "Yes i am." "I guess that is it for today's meeting. I'll tell the prosecutor what we want." "Okay thank you." We say our goodbyes they stand up and leave.

I actually didn't expect that to happen. This is the easiest case I have gotten ever since I started working. I was going to make a plan so that she spends less time in jail but since she wants to give in its fine. You can't force a client to do something they don't want to do. I continue with my work and i get a call from Lukhanyo.

"To what do i owe this special call?" I ask. "Is that your way of greeting your high school friend." he asks. "It is normal in my eyes and mind." He laughs. "No i just wanted to check if you still alive." "As you can see I still am." "When can we meet up?" "When I'm not busy." "And when is that?"

"I don't know. It's not easy fitting people into my busy schedule." I say. "You have to fit me in there cause i am your friend." he says. "That doesn't mean anything in my work environment." "It will start meaning something now." "Whatever. You can come now." "Send me your location." "Sharp."
I drop the phone.

I send him my address and continue with my work. Me and Lukhanyo were friends back in highschool. He moved to Durban for education purposes. We used to be best friends back then cause we were always together. People thought we were dating but at that time i was dating my first boyfriend.

It's been long since we communicated and i can't wait to catch up cause i missed him. After a while i hear a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. He comes in with food and i smile. "You a real friend." I say. "I know. I deserve an award for being one." he says. "I'm making plans for the custom made version." He laughs. I stand up and hug him.