I Think I Love You

Derek POV

"Scott I need your help." I said into the phone.

"What was that? Is Derek Hale asking for help?" Scott said sarcastically.

"Are you going to help me or not?" I spat.

"Sure." he let out a sigh. "I'll come by after school tomorrow."

I nodded before mumbling an "okay." and hearing the line go dead.

----

"Don't you get it. I'd choose you over anyone else. I'll always fucking choose you."

I remember Stiles yelling at me like it was yesterday. He was getting on my nerves at the last pack meeting and I snapped at him. I told him "stop being so annoying and shut your trap." harshly. He shut his mouth and sat down not saying another word the rest of the meeting.

After everyone left I tapped his shoulder making him jump. He'd been staring out the window.

"Meetings over." I said. He nodded getting up and heading toward the door.

"Do you need a ride?" I called. He stopped walking and dropped his head. His beloved Jeep was in the shop and Scott brought him here.

I followed behind him to my car. "I'm sorry." I said turning the car on.

"It's fine." He was quiet.

"No, it's not. I shouldn't have snapped." I said. He stared at his hands replying only with a sigh.

I pulled into his driveway "Seriously, Stiles. I'm sorry" I said.

"Just leave me alone." He mumbled getting out. I got out following him to the door.

"Stiles.." I whined.

"No Derek! Leave me alone!" He yelled.

"Why!?" I yelled back.

"Because you just keep hurting me! I'm sick of being depressed all the time! I already apologized for telling you how I felt! I get you don't feel the same but that doesn't mean you have to be an ass to me now!" He yelled tears streaming down his face.

"Don't exaggerate. I'm not always an ass to you." I said.

"Lately you are. And the worst part is I still love you. I shouldn't but I do!" He wiped his face.

"no yo-" he cut me off.

"Don't you get it? I'd choose you over anyone else. I'll always fucking choose you." He started. "And I hate myself for it." He unlocked his door and slammed it as he walked inside.

---

What I realized that night is that I did love Stiles. I realized that I have been an asshole and that just like always, I'm pushing him away.

His smile is my favorite part about him. When I'm not being an asshole, I'll say stupid things just to see it. I swear, the entire fucking room would light up. I know that sounds like cheesy bullshit, but I realized all that cheesy bullshit is true when you actually fall for someone. And the someone I fell for is falling apart, because of me.

"You do realize he might not even show up." Scott said. He met with me a couple days ago to help me show Stiles I'm sorry.

I sighed "Yeah..but I hope he does." I said putting the plates down.

Stiles POV

The past like week I've done absolutely nothing. Since Derek yelled at me at the last pack meeting I've been really depressed. I'm making myself more depressed because I feel stupid for being depressed over the whole situation. I'm just a giant lump of pathetic.

I get up. Get tortured at school. Then come home and lay in my bed the rest of the night. I don't even remember the last time I had a proper meal, oops.

Text From Scott

From: Scotty
Hey bud. I know you kinda hate Derek right now but there's an emergency pack meeting tomorrow night and I really think you should be there.

To: Scotty
I really don't want to go.

From: Scotty
You can't just keep moping around because he yelled at you. If you let him he'd probably apologize, sincerely.

and don't say he hasn't tried in the past week, Cause I know he has.

To: Scotty
I'll think about going. Now leave me alone to pout.

From: Scotty
I really think you should go Stiles. I wouldn't have texted you telling you to go if it wasn't important.

I sighed not replying back to Scott. I didn't know if I was going to go or not but I'll worry about it when the time comes.

--

When it came close to the time for the meeting I forced myself up out of bed and into the shower. I drove over to Derek's loft, after parking my Jeep I got out and went inside.

"So what's so important I had to drop all my plans for?" I lied opening the door. When I looked up I saw the loft all dim with candles everywhere. There was a table set up with a red table cloth and flower petals spread across it.

And that smell.

I took a big wiff smiling at myself. Steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. I might not be a werewolf, but I'm good with food.

"Derek?" I called taking my jacket off and following the smell. When I got into the kitchen I saw the old grump putting together two plates. "I'm guessing there's no pack meeting..." I chuckled.

He shook his head. "You wouldn't answer me so..." he said picking up both plates.

"You want help?" I asked.

"No, I got it. Go sit." he said.

He set my plate in front of me and we started eating. It was quiet as we ate only hearing the faint noises of chewing or the forks hitting the glass plate beneath.

I sighed putting my fork down. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Eating?" He replied smirking at the unamused look on my face.

"I'm not joking." I said. He sighed.

"I feel really bad about snapping at you and I didn't realize how much of an ass I was since you told me you like me. I tend to do this thing where I push away the people who actually care so they don't end up getting hurt." I went to say something but he continued. "It took me awhile but I li-no I love you. So much. I love your smile, your laugh, your stupid remarks. Everything. I love you, Stiles Stilinski."

I got up starting to walk out before I covered my face and turned around. Dropping my hands I let out a breath.

"I swear to fucking God Derek this isn't funny!" he got up.

"I'm not joking, Stiles." He said truthfully.

"I don't believe you." I said.

Not even a second after the words shot out of my mouth was there a pair of lips attached to my own. Derek growled against my lips as I kissed back.

"Mate." he mumbled wrapping his arms around me and deepening the kiss.

I pulled away. "Mate?" I questioned.

"You're mine." he said. "And I'm yours. Forever." He said.

"Promise?" I whispered trying not to sound to desperate.

"I promise." He replied smiling.