Space

Since the day they got together they've been inseparable. It was nice. Truly. Derek loves seeing Stiles everyday. Waking up next to him and wrapping his arms around the younger when they go to sleep. Stiles started going to the gym with Derek too and the older was so so proud of him for getting into shape and wanting to be healthier in all aspects. But the issue with always being together is that they're always together.

Even as a kid Derek was kind of a loner. Yeah, he had friends and made plans on the weekends but he also loved having alone time. Time to think and to be with himself.

He can't remember the last time he actually got more than an hour of alone time though. Stiles finally being out of school decided to take a year off before college and despite his fathers protests didn't want to get a job. ("It's my last year of freedom, Dad!")

They woke up together, showered together, ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner together, watched every show together, saw the pack together, saw the Sheriff together...you get the picture.

The wolf wasn't sure how much more he could take of the younger. He loves him with everything in him but he needed space.

"Hey Der?" Stiles asked from where he was on the couch, feet laying across into the other lap.

"Yeah, babe?"

"Do you care if I hang with Scott today? He wants to play video games all night like we used to." Stiles asked, "I wasn't sure if we had plans."

"God yes go." Derek blurted, his hand quickly coming up to cover his mouth. "I did not mean it like that!"

Stiles scrunched his face at the other, "how else could you have even meant that?" He asked pulling his feet away.

"I just...I don't know how to explain it without upsetting you."

"I'm already upset so just say it." The younger muttered.

Derek sighed, "I love spending time with you. I really really do." He paused. "I just need space."

"I didn't think I was that annoying..." he replied, quietly.

"Babe," the wolf moved over to pull his boyfriend onto his lap, "you don't annoy me...most of the time." Derek jokes, getting a small smirk from the younger.

"I just like having alone time. Even growing up I'd spend more time alone than with my family or friends or anyone really." Stiles leaned into Derek more getting comfortable. "I love you more than I can even put into words, I just want a little time by myself."

"But we just sit and watch tv and stuff together so I don't get why..." he pouted.

"You remember when we first got together and we couldn't always spend time together?"

Stiles nodded, turning a bit to look up at him.

"Those nights when I was alone they were nice. I got to do whatever and just forget about everything else." Derek brought his hand up to Stiles' cheek, his thumb rubbing lightly back and forth. "By the end of the night I'd miss you and it made seeing you next even better."

Stiles smiled, "Yeah, I guess I get that."

"How am I supposed to miss you when I'm with you?"

"Why didn't you just tell me?" He asked sadly.

"I didn't want you to think I didn't want to spend time with you."

Stiles nodded, "okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah, okay." He smiled, pressing a soft kiss onto the older males lips. "But next time tell me if you wanna be alone instead of pretending..."

"I will."

"I'm gonna go to Scott's now."

Derek kissed him again, "text me when you get there so I know you made it safe."

"Always, Der." Stiles smiled making his way toward the door. "I love you!"

"I love you, too!"

I don't know if I like this or where it came from or anything but it helped me get my mind off the bad day I had. My hamster died. I'm sad. It's okay tho bc he was old and now I know he's not hurting or in pain.