Okay, Boyfriend

Paige is still alive-she and Derek are best friends. The fire never happened. Derek is 3 years older than Scott and Stiles and everyone but they're still part of the pack. Stiles and Derek grew up together because their parents were friends. Derek and Paige are in college, the others are juniors in high school. Also, I had no idea what to call this so if anyone has a better title hmu lmao

Stiles groaned when Derek pulled up to his house, Paige was in the front seat of Laura's Camaro and the two were laughing so hard you'd think they were high. Stiles climbed into the back not mumbling a word to either of them as he pulled out his phone.

"Hey, I just have to drop Paige off at home, okay?" Derek said, smile plastered on his face.

"Yeah, whatever." Stiles grumbled, tossing his phone harshly toward the other side of the car.

Derek's smile faltered as he glanced toward Paige, the same expression on her face. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Why do you care?" He snapped at her.

"Stiles." Derek growled.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "She doesn't have to pretend to care about me just because me and you are close, Derek."

"I'm not pretending, Stiles." Paige cut Derek off.

"Look, it doesn't matter, I'm sorry." Stiles sighed, "Can we just go?"

Derek sighed, "Yeah, okay."

--

Paige lived only a few minutes from Stiles, the ride there was quiet, the radio playing softly in the background. Paige kissed Derek's cheek before getting out of the car sending a smile toward Stiles before turning her back and walking off. Stiles climbed into the front, hitting Derek on accident.

"Are you gonna tell me what your issue is now?" Derek asked, checking his blind spots and driving off toward his own house.

Stiles sighed not answering right away, "Jackson and I got into a huge fight before you showed up."

"He's a douche, Sti. I don't know why you're still with him."

Stiles scoffed, "I'm not having this conversation again."

"The fact that we've had this conversation so much doesn't make you think even slightly that maybe he's just not right for you?"

"Why do you care?"

Derek shook his head, pulling into his driveway. "You're my best friend, asshole. I care about you."

"Paige is your best friend."

"So are you." Stiles sighed, unbuckling his seatbelt. Just before he got out Derek grabbed his arm. "Look, I know you don't believe me but someone out there is going to treat you the way you should be treated and the sooner you let him go the sooner you'll find that person..."

"But I don't want to let him go, Derek. He might be an ass...but he's my ass."

--

After the meeting Stiles, Scott, Derek, and Isaac sat in the den playing video games. Stiles had been on his phone on and off, unlocking it to lock it again and drop it onto the floor next to him. Eventually he got up mumbling something about getting a drink asking if anyone else wanted anything but didn't stay long enough for anyone to respond.

Derek sighed when both Scott and Isaac looked at him, "Yeah, I'll go." He rolled his eyes getting up. "What's wrong?"

Stiles looked up and shrugged and handed his phone toward the other.