A Rose For Claudia

Derek POV

Stiles has been bugging me for weeks to hang out and see a movie or something with him, but of coarse he does it at the most inconvenient times. We had been fighting the alpha pack when he started asking and I was kinda busy with that whole situation so I told him 'another time' I think he got the wrong idea because the past week I've done nothing but ask him and he just says 'I can't'

I sighed as I looked at the text I had just gotten.

From: Stiles
I'm sorry. I can't.

Once again, he doesn't want to go out. What did I do?

"So, I figured since the alpha pack is gone we should celebrate and have a little pack bondi-what's your problem?" Scott barged into the loft.

"Stiles keeps telling me he 'can't' hang out. But he was just bugging me about it a couple weeks ago." Scott was the only one that knew about Stiles being my mate. Stiles didn't even know how I felt about him yet and I'm already being rejected. Damn.

Scott sighed. "He really can't right now. It has nothing to do with you." He said sitting next to me.

"What's so important?" I asked.

"Derek, it's the anniversary of his moms death. He doesn't do anything but sit at his moms grave for a week. It's been like that since she passed away. He did it last year too?" Scott said. I felt a pang in my chest and a whimper push out. My mates sad and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

"Go get some flowers and go find him." Scott said.

"He doesn't like flowers. " I said.

"Not for him idiot. For his mom. Showing respect whether you knew her or not will mean a lot to him. And I already know that's where he is so if you really want to see him..." his voice trailed off. I nodded. I felt him get off the couch "and Derek, don't ever bring up his mom. If he brings her up that's fine, but don't ask about her unless he started the conversation." Scott finished walking off.

I did as he said and got some flowers. I also got him a cup of coffee. '2 sugars and if there isn't French Vanilla creamer in that so help me God Derek Hale, I'll beat you.' His voice rang through my head as I was leaving. I've heard it so many times I lost count. I've only ever made an effort to remember his order though. Everyone else is irrelevant.

It didn't take me long to find him. I walked over to him, he was picking at the grass silently. I sat down next to him putting the flowers next to the gravestone. He looked at me. The look of 'awe' on his face was absolutely adorable. I handed him his coffee.

"Thanks." He mumbled smiling.

"You're welcome." I said.

"I really wasn't trying to blow you off or anything." He said. He looks like he hasn't slept all week.

"Its okay. Scott told me you'd be here. I hope it's okay I came." I said.

"I'm glad you came."

We sat in silence for awhile. "I miss her." He said leaning on me.

"I know. I bet she was great." I said.

"She really was. She would've liked you." He said.

"You're dad hates me." I chuckled.

"My dad doesn't know you." he laughed.

"I took you to get coffee once and he threatened to kill me." I said. He sat up laughing.

"I remember that!" He went from smiling to frowning almost immediately.

I hugged him "I'm sorry, Stiles." I said.

He looked at me. "You're entire family burned in a fire. Don't ever say sorry about my mom." He said. I nodded. "Sorry I didn't...you just...you don't have any reason to feel sorry for me." He said.

"I can't help it. I love you." I replied.

"W-what?" He said his face painted red.

"I said, I love you, Stiles." I repeated. He smiled.

"You hear that mom? The big bad wolf loves me." He said looking down. I chuckled. He climbed to sit in between my legs. "I love you too, Derek. And I'm warning you, I'm a cuddler." I smiled.

"I'm okay with that." I said wrapping my arms around him.

We sat there the rest of the night. His dad showed up eventually with dinner apologizing because he didn't know I was here and he didn't bring me any. He brought Stiles a blanket and told him not to stay to late.

Stiles fell asleep in my arms. He cried right before he fell asleep. It was around midnight when I finally
picked him up and carried him to my car setting him in the passenger seat.

"I love you, Derek." He mumbled.

"I love you too, Stiles." I kissed his forehead. Moving to the drivers seat. I started the car and took him home.

Before we left though, I left a rose, for Claudia.