A Sourwolfless Graduation

Stiles POV

Derek's been gone for 6 months. 6 dreadful months and the only thing I have to distract me is school. SCHOOL.

The supernatural decided to take a break apparently.

Derek joined the military awhile ago and although I miss him like crazy I'm so so proud of him. Everyday I'm scared he won't come home. But I mean he's a werewolf he's harder to kill than the average human.

And now, the school year is ending, I'm taking my finals, and I'll be graduating high school. Without him, without Allison, without my mom. Some of the most important people to me aren't even here to see me graduate and that hurts, a lot.

"STILES!" I heard my best friend scream as he ran down the hall. 1

"Yes?" I laughed.

"I got in!" He yelled. I gave him a look to tell him to go on. "I got into UCLA! We're going to college together!" He smiled bigger than I've seen him smile in months.

"Thank fucking God!" I cheered hugging him. "I couldn't make it without you. I don't have Derek, I can't lose you too" I pulled away from him.

"You know Derek wishes he could be here. And on the bright side he doesn't have to leave again once he's back." Scott said trying to cheer me up.

"I know I just miss him." I frowned. "I'm sorry. Congratulations on getting in." I said.

He smiled. "Thanks. Now, let's go torture ourselves with the History final." He laughed.

Scott POV

FINALLY! Schools over and it's our graduation. I've always pictured this day but it still seems unreal.

Stiles looks sad. Like really sad. I know he wants Derek to be here. Derek promised him he'd be here but he can't make it now. I put my arm around him "he's proud of you." I said making him smile.

"I hope so." He replied.

I scanned the crowd as we sat in front of everyone. I saw my mom sitting with Stiles' dad. I saw the members of the pack who weren't graduating this year. I saw Deaton. But I didn't see Derek. I know I shouldn't expect him but I was kinda hoping for him to be here, to cheer Stiles up.

"Scott." Stiles said getting my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked.

He laughed "Sit down. They're guna start." He told me.

I smiled "I'm so ready to graduate."

Stiles POV

I watched Scott walk across the stage pausing as he looked into the crowd. It looked like someone caught his eye but it was probably just his mom. He smiled accepting his diploma and walking off stage.

My turn came shortly after. I should be so much happier than I am. But I can't, knowing Derek isn't here is tearing me apart.

I walked across the stage smiling as I was handed my diploma and walking off. "Finally graduated." I mumbled to myself.

"Sti, your dad wants pictures get over here." Scott said. I followed him standing by my dad. Scott was next to his mom who was taking the picture. I smiled waiting for it to be taken.

Melissa smiled. "It's cute come look at it." She said. I walked over to her waiting for her to show me the picture.

Scott POV

Stiles went pale as he saw the picture "No..." he covered his face before turning around. Behind him stood Derek who was still in his uniform, smiling. "No..." Stiles started to cry. "Oh my God.." he mumbled hugging him.

"I promised I'd be here." Derek said.

"I love you so much." Stiles mumbled into his neck.

"I love you too, Stiles."

Derek POV

I heard Stiles' breath hitch as he looked at the picture. I was supposed to be back next week but I was able to pull some strings. He started crying, pulling him into a hug I said "I promised I'd be here." He told me he loves me which I returned without a thought.

"I'm so so proud of you, baby." I said. He hugged me tighter.

"Don't ever leave me again." He mumbled pulling his cap off.

"I won't." I cooed holding him tighter. "I love you."

I thought this was cute so yeah. I have 9 days left of school. Ugh.