It's Okay, I Love You(Happy Ending)

EricKeo12 requested a happy ending to this story so here it is. Same story, happy ending.

Derek POV

"Come on Isaac!" I laughed bouncing the basket ball from one hand to the other. "Derek, you said you were going to go easy on me!" He whined. "You'll never get better if I go easy on you Is." I replied dribbling around him. "Can you guys fucking stop?" I heard making me turn around. "What?" I laughed walking over to the new comer. "I said can you stop? I'm trying to practice and you're being extremely loud." He complained, arms crossed over his chest. "Well, we're practicing too." I replied. "There's a gym for a reason, go use it." He snapped. "But, we like it here." I said bouncing the ball. "Can you please just leave?" He sighed. "Tell you what, if you can get the ball from me, we'll leave." I heard Jackson laugh behind me. The boy stared at me, face plastered with anger. He reached out trying to grab the ball and missing as I threw it up catching it with the other hand. He tried again groaning at his own failure and walking away with nothing but a low "whatever"

I followed him into the practice room. He was sat in front of a music stand with an instrument that looked like it was bigger than him sitting in front of him. He started playing the music not noticing I was in the door way. He got pretty far before he messed up and groaned. "I guess you really do need to practice." I joked, he's actually really good. "Go away." He mumbled not looking at me. "What's your name?" I asked. "doesn't matter." He mumbled. "I'm-" He cut me off. "I know who you are." He replied finally meeting my gaze. "If you know my name why can't I know yours?" I asked. The boy rolled his eye letting out a harsh laugh. "Tell you what," He started copying me from the hall. "If you can play any of the instruments in here, I'll tell you my name." He said. "Any of them?" I asked to clarify. He nodded. "Okay." I said walking around the room. I looked around finding big instruments, small instruments. None of which I actually knew how to play, hell, I didn't even know the names. That's when I stumbled upon the perfect one. I smiled grabbing it and holding it behind my back walking over to him. "Okay." I said again bringing the triangle out for him to see and hitting it once. "That's-" He started. "It's an instrument. You said any instrument. Now, what's your name." I asked sitting next to him. He sighed "Stiles." He replied resetting his the music in front of him. "It's not my real name, and no, I'm not telling you my real name because I hate it so don't bother." He added. "Well, I like Stiles." I said making him look at me. "Uh..thanks." he replied softly. "We should hang out." I said. He shook his head. "I have to practice." He replied. "You don't want to be seen with me do you?" I joked. He laughed "That is definitely it." He smirked. "Do you like me?" I asked. "I barely know you." He replied. "We should fix that." I replied leaning closer to him. I watched as his face got red "I-I need to uh..I need to p-practice." He whispered. I kissed his cheek. "Well, when you're not too busy, let me know." I handed him a piece of paper after writing my number on it. "I really would like to hang out. And I'm sorry about what happened in the hall." I got up walking toward the door. "It's okay." he replied.

Weeks passed with nothing more than the occasional glance at each other in the hallway. I would find him while he was practicing, listening to him playing from the hallway but looking in before I left. The few occasions he saw me, he smiled. That's a good thing, right? I was sitting at one of the tables outside for lunch with Jackson, Isaac, and my uncle, Peter. It's weird being in school with your uncle. He's graduating this year so thankfully, I don't have to deal with him next. I watched as Stiles sat down with his friends Scott and Lydia. They were under a tree in the grass. He looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back before returning to the conversation at my table. I felt my phone go off seeing a number I didn't know.

'take a picture, it'll last longer.' I looked up to see Stiles staring at me, smiling, before Scott hit him to get his attention. 'I'd rather look at you're cute face in person.' I replied seeing him smile at his phone when he got the message. That night we decided to finally meet up.