Coffee Shop Stiles

Derek POV
"Where the hell is Stiles!?" I yelled after waiting 30 minutes for him so I could start the meeting. "Dude, he already told you he couldn't make it today." Scott said. I glared at him. "No he didn't. Where is he." I demanded. "He had to work today calm down." Isaac said. "Since when does he have a job?" Jackson laughed "did you fall and hit your head or something?" Deep breath Derek. You don't need to kill him. He's part of the pack. He's a fucking bastard, but he's pack. "He got a job last month. He told you when he got it. He was all excited." Scott said. "Yeah, you shrugged him off like it was nothing too." Erica finally looked up from her magazine to join the conversation. "I did?" What? No.I wouldn't do that. Not to Stiles. "Yeah. He moped around for like three days because of it. Coach made us do suicides since Stiles wouldn't practice." Jackson said. "Where's he work?" I asked. "The coffee shop down the road." Scott sighed. "Go get em' lover boy " Lydia joked hitting my ass as she walked by. I glared at her.

I walked into the coffee shop seeing Stiles working. He didn't bother looking when the door rang as it opened. I sat down. It was a cute little shop with fancy little tables that looked as if they didn't belong against the vintage wallpaper and tile flooring.

"Stiles table 2" someone said. He walked over grabbing the tray and walking to what I'm assuming is table two.

"Hi ca-Derek?" He finally came over. They we're quite busy at the moment. "I need to talk to you." I said. "I can't right now. We're kinda busy." He gave me a 'are you serious?' Look. "I'll wait." I said. He sighed "do you want anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

Stiles walked into the back. I could hear him talking to another worker. "Is that your boyfriend?" They asked. "He's not my boyfriend." Stiles replied sadness laced in his voice and mumbling 'shit' as he messed something up. "Oh sorry. The way you talk about him I just assumed." Stiles sighed. "Well he's not and he would never like me like that anyway." He snapped.

A little while later he walked over setting a cup in front of me. "I didn-" I started. "I know." He replied. "I don't have any money with me." I told him. "I already paid for it don't worry about it." He said walking off before I could answer.

He looked so happy before he noticed I was in here.

I took a sip. It was exactly how I liked my coffee. He remembers how I like my coffee. I sighed I'm such an ass.

He walked over to me again "my shift ends in a half hour. I can't talk until then. I don't even get why you're still here." He said. "I told you." I grabbed his hand. "I need to talk to you." I kissed the top of his hand seeing him blush. "Now get back to work kid." I joked. He rolled his eyes. "Your jokes are always so stupid" he chuckled walking off.

When he was finished with his shift he walked out with two coffees. He handed one to me and sat down in the seat across. "So." He said. "Thanks for the coffee..again." I said. He sighed "Derek don't. Seriously I want to go home." He said. I sighed this time "did I really just shrug you off when you told me about your job?" I asked. He nodded "why's it matter?" He asked. "Because I hurt you" I replied. "Its not the first time. Are we done?" He asked. "Why'd they think I was your boyfriend?" I asked. "I don't know I guess I talk about you a lot." He said starting to get annoyed.

"Get up." I told him getting out of my seat. He listened grabbing his coffee. "Bye Stiles!" Someone yelled from the other side of the counter. "Use protection!" Another yelled. Stiles rolled his eyes following me out. "This way" I said. He groaned. "Der, I want to go ho-" he stopped talking when I grabbed ahold of his hand and intertwined our fingers. "What we're you saying?" I asked. "N-nothing..." he stuttered. I made him look at me. "I'm sorry I'm an ass. I try not to be, especially toward you. I don't even realize when I'm being an ass." I said. "Its fine." He mumbled his cheeks tinted red. "A-and if you'd give me the chance, I'd like to take you out sometime." I said. "And eventually...make you mine." His blush darkened. He nodded. "I-I'd like that." He said.

I led him to his car. "Get home safe." I kissed his cheek. He smiled. "Maybe."he replied. "I'm serious." I said. He nodded. "Okay" my eyes grazed his face taking in everything. I knew he was my mate, I've known for awhile, but I never realized how beautiful he really is. "I'm guna go home now." He said shaking me from my thoughts. "Let me know when you get home." I said. "Okay." He answered. I kissed his cheek "goodnight Stiles." I whispered. "Goodnight Sourwolf." He whispered back.

I watched him get into his car and drive off. It made sense why the pack called him 'Coffee Shop Stiles' but that doesn't compare to anything when I can call him mine.