Missing You Is Killing Me

Stiles POV

"Stiles get up." I heard Scott walk into my room.

"No." I whined.

"Yes!" He yelled.

"Leave me alone to mope!" I shoved my face into my pillow.

"What is your problem now?" He asked.

"Derek." I sighed.

"Are you guys fighting again?" He asked.

"Yeah. I don't know why we're fighting so much." I said sadly.

"Seriously. You are always fighting. Why are you guys still together? You both seem miserable." Scott said.

"But when we aren't fighting it's amazing." I told him. "I don't want to let him go."

And it was months after almost complete silence between Derek and I that I finally realized we make better strangers then we did anything else.

It was the pack meeting a week before my 8 month with Derek when we broke it off. I pulled him aside after we finished going over business.

"What are we?" I asked.

"I don't know anymore, Stiles." Was his response. It didn't end badly, it was mutual. But it still hurt like hell.

It's been a month and I've cried myself to sleep every night. I kept telling myself not to text him. It's 12:28 A.M. and he's sleeping like he would answer anyway.

To: Derek
I know you're sleeping and probably don't want to hear from me but I can't sleep and I just..I need a favor. Please don't forget the songs we listened to or the things we talked about. The little inside jokes we had or the laughs we shared. Please, please, don't forget my smile or the sound of my voice....just please don't forget me.

I set my phone on the table next to my bed trying to fall asleep. Just as I was about to fall asleep my phone went off. I grabbed it quickly looking at the text.

From: Derek
Stiles, I could NEVER forget you. You were my everything. You are my everything. Just because we aren't together doesn't mean I don't love you.

I was crying. I've never been in so much pain and it doesn't help that it's the middle of the night and Derek actually texted me back.

To: Derek
I miss you so much. Like...I'm in pain. Physical pain. I love you so much.

From: Derek
I miss you too. Like crazy. And I love you too. It's just..different now..

To: Derek
Maybe different is what we need?

From: Derek
I'm willing to find out. Is your dad home?

To: Derek
No, why?

From: Derek
Because I'm coming over. I wasn't ready to let you go the first time, I'm not going to let you go this time.

That night was the first night since Derek and I broke up that I actually slept well and that's because I got to fall asleep in my alpha's arms again.